20th anniversary of WWW today

I remember those days, and the days if a opening web page was more than

20K people would give up on it because it was to slow to load on dial-up.
Reply to
alan

Ah Compuserve. You are a number not a name!!

Reply to
bert

A 36-bit number IIRC. I can still remember what mine was.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

In 1971 the firm I worked for (NCR) used to send data from Auckland NZ to an IBM computer in the US using a Mohawk modem. The phone company wondered what the weird noises were, and used to interrupt and say "Working, working?" The data was held on mag tape, and it had to rewind to re-transmit when there were errors.

Reply to
Matty F

I remember having my CompuServe email addy on my CV.

In X400 format.

Owain

Reply to
Owain