Subject Author Posted Replies

£10
trying to get rid of £10 paygo credit off an old sim card so I can transfer the number....can't find the sms ukrainian donation thingy anybody know?
7
7

Anyone speak Welsh?
On a holiday in Wales when I was maybe five, I was taught by local kids the Welsh for 'milk' was what sounded like 'severus', or 'severous'. I've tried google translate, but I cannot find any...
10
10

Wall mount DECT phone
I have a really neat wall mount DECT phone. Old, and giving problems. It was custom made for cavity wall mounting with no cables visible - if you routed them inside the wall. (I have a cupboard close...
2
2

Flat roof - again.
I did Google felt on felt. Answers ranged from no no no to yes yes yes. Although some seemed to be referring to felt under tiles. Thing that concerns me is puddles forming. With the thickness of the...
8
8

Water runs from open vent
Water runs from open vent when central heating pump stop after pump overrun Vent pipe 750mm above header tank water level H shape fill and vent 200mm apart fill behind pump No water from vent pipe...
1
1

Wainscot follow up..
The job is long done but there were a few issues along the way which might be of interest.. The cut to size panels were stored indoors to stabilise but remained reasonably flat despite only being...

Insulation comparisons
With rocketing fuel bills, I was interested to find this gem from TNP in my *saved posts file* uk.d-i-y, cam.misc Subject: Saving the planet (was:Thermal conductivity of different types of windows)...

New Gas connection, cheapest!?..
Need to connect up a house thats never had the Gas connected, there is a main out in the road. Anyone had much experience as to who charges, well not a lot to do that, seeing the blinkin Gas is pricey...
7
7

How to fix 30mm hole in plasterboard?
How to fix 30mm hole in plasterboard? It's too small to poke a piece of wood through and screw into that through the plasterboard. I tried some scrunched up newspaper, but it just drops down. Any...
11
11

OT: How to break a Reebok treadmill
Overclocked Extreme Speed Treadmill Harry And Photon test the treadmill until it pops! For Proper Electric Motion, see below in the links: e force Web: https://eforce.cvut.cz/en/...

Green button - BBCi unstable
Using the Green button, to restart things like the BBC One news, when I have had it interrupted by phone calls, I am finding it quite glitchy. Lots of drop outs and picture breakups. I'm on Plusnet....
3
3

100A DP isolator with double terminals?
Is there such a thing? I am considering fitting an isolator between the meter and my consumer unit, to ease future work. However, I am likely to need a separate small unit to supply an EV charger in...
10
10

Flat roof - again.
Have a felted flat roof which was constructed some 30 odd years ago. So past its sell by date. Very wary of roofers in general, so looked for recommendations. Contacted the architect who designed the...
19
19

Eco grants for heating and insulation
I have been phoned by something called eco grants sw or similar ( didnt listen hard enough) . They told me I qualified to have all my storage heaters replaced for "free" by government grant. We...
24
24

Brick repair ?
Having some new windows fitted and the installer broke the corner off one of the bricks ..... I don't want to cut the brick out and replace .. too messy On stone cills & headers, they advise mixing...
15
15