Subject Author Posted Replies

I declare ...
...the Tesco own brand home 30cm non stick aluminiuum teflon dishwasher safe frying pan is the best pan I have ever had......now got four
4
4

March is Prostate Cancer Awareness month
Most of the members here are going to be of an age where prostate health could be an issue. As someone who's gone through this mill, I thought it might be useful to explain it. Most importantly, it is...
27
27

HDMI funny.
In my home workshop I have a RISCOS computer and a PC sharing a monitor and keyboard etc via a DVI KVM switch. The DVI feed to the monitor goes through a DVI HDMI splitter to feed a second monitor -...
22
22

Fairy lights
We've fairy lights in the garden with their own little panels, in winter there isn't enough energy collected and the lights don't glow for very long. So I thought i'd replace them with a DIY setup, I...
12
12

WiFi passwords
I have a new phone and my collection of WiFi passwords was not transferred along with the phone swap. A various collection that took me three years to collect. Anyway to find them on my old phone?
10
10

OT Open Office help needed
Hopefully a simple one. I made a word document using open office and emailed it off to someone for them to add to it. They can open it but cannot not edit it. I am sure someone here will have the...
47
47

Light fuses when turned off
I want to change my light - my new light only has 1 neutral and 1 live wire but I have 2 neutral and 2 live as I have a pull cord switch. Do I need to keep both live wires separate, is this what...
14
14

Building furniture
About 35 years ago I constructed quite a lot of storage units, bookcases etc using Contiboard. (Remember Contiboard). Doors were made of three layers. A front of sand-blasted Canadian pine, a centre...
12
12

[OT] Problems with nickel
A business news report today noted that in the last three days the price of nickel has doubled each day, from $25k per ton to $50k and then to $100k per ton. In an unprecedented response, the London...
16
16

When Did You Last Clean Bug Splatter Off Your Windshield?
When Did You Last Clean Bug Splatter Off Your Windshield? Book Review, by Thor Hanson, March 5, 2022, NY Times THE INSECT CRISIS: The Fall of the Tiny Empires That Run the World, by Oliver Milman...
9
9

New consumer unit (not DIY)
Need a new consumer unit for approx three ring mains and two lighting circuits (kitchen/extension and cooker already on a fairly new one, no immersion heater). One-man-band professional electrician...
80
80

Plume pipe extension
Our combi boiler is too close to a couple of windows though I'm fairly sure it's legal. In our last house, when the boiler was installed we had an extended plume pipe fitted. So I can get such a thing...
3
3

Roof terrace.
I have a roof terrace which was built some 30 years ago Plywood on joists, felt, then asphalt over that. Topped with promenade tiles. It is south facing, so gets lots of sun. A few tiles have lifted...
1
1

Flat roof - again.
They finished off today. For once, would like some heavy rain. To check it is OK.
1
1

Talking of batteries
I have a number of Nickel metal hydride cells both AA and AAA, and though some seem to be still working after several years, others say they have charged and sit there saying good, they tend to lose...
24
24