Subject Author Posted Replies

Hedge trimmer shot?
My Bosch hedge trimmer seems to in its death throes. It'll run for a while then cut out. Given some time it'll run for perhaps 30 sec. Even the first time, when I'd been using it a lot, it wasn't hot...
10
10

I built a thing
I got fed up with the pile stuff that always seems to cover any flat workspace in my office, so decided to see if I could organise it a bit. Came up with this: the odd typo lurking!
11
11

bloody insurance
anybody noticed recently that car, caravan and house insrers are now all emailing you saying your renewal pack will shortly be arriving in the post then they renew without sending you one?....
39
39

washing machine microplastic filters
Anyone got one? It?s seems that some folk feel that we?re killing the planet with all the microplastics from our washing machines. Personally, I find it hard to get too worked up about something we?ve...
20
20

Heating system expansion vessel
Covered before I know but this is from a different angle.. The internal vessel in my boiler is just about large enough to handle the cold to hot system expansion: remaining between 1 and 2 bar....
1
1

Excel or Google sheets question
I'm struggling with a bit of logic in google sheets - do we have any experts here? I want a cell to contain a ticked yellow tickbox if a tickbox in another cell is ticked and, if the first isn't...
25
25

Internal double doors.
I have inherited a 50 year old pair of double doors. Closed their combined width is just over 46 inches. This seems to be a standard size still. Each door is divided into four panels of which the...
3
3

OT question re eurofighter typhoon
I noticed there is a sooty hole in the junction of the fuselage and port wing of the aircraft in a recent video. Anyone know what it is for?
3
3

Strange object found in garage - any ideas
I have been sent a photograph of an old tool/bit of kit found in the back of an old garage. Google reverse image search has only managed "cylinder" which isn't much help. Anybody with a better idea of...
13
13

Display name in Outlook 365
I am not asking about my name used for outgoing emails, as I know how to set this up. However, for incoming emails, if the display name used by the sender and the display name in my address book...

replace thermostat
i have a battery thermostat with relay switching, 2 wire control i want to do away with this. and put a thermostat in another room, and have a wireless stat with a switch unit by the boiler

Identify this cable clip (and where to buy it)?
Here's a photo of the last one I have, out of a bag that I think I bought for fixing SWA cable to the fence on the way to the shed, but I've found them useful for other things. Of course I no longer...
9
9

Powered "cartridge" guns
Has anyone got any recommendations? I don't have any batteries to fit some of the ones that are sold "bare". This one is £90 on amazon aliexpress has one for £60. Cordless seems more convenient than...
10
10

Castrol perfecto ht5 heat transfer oil
Hi I have acquired some castrol perfecto ht 5 heat transfer oil. Can it be used as hydraulic oil if so what grade 32 or 46 or could u mix it with hydraulic oil or could u mix with diesel for heating...

4k video on laptop to 4K television not showing 4K
Playing a youtube video on a lap top which says the video is 4K high definition and then transferring it via a HDMI cable into a large 4K rated television, the result is not at all high definition. Am...
11
11