200 lumens per watt LED?

On Saturday 13 April 2013 12:12 polygonum wrote in uk.d-i-y:

It's OK as long as you use wood and not coal -

Reply to
Tim Watts

Although last month Cree were claiming 276 lumens / watt, beating their previous record of 254 Lpw.

Chris Hogg

Lots, you have to use the gas powered crematorium and run the desulphurisation plant on gas-fired lecky.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

sadly not nearly enough.

I calculated there was probably only a couple of Kwh in the average scrawny green : even burning fatties would not power the planet.

However that should not stop you. Greens should be burnt to eradicate the deviant DNA for from the gene pool. Every green you burn is a useless mouth you don't have to feed, and a whole line of descendants who wont be mewling and whingeing about preserving the planet for their grandchildren because they wont have any.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I thought there was enough fat in the average westerner to balance the equation.

Also consider the mercury from our now carefully preserved teeth.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I got one from one of my euro MPs (Tory) a while back. I didn't return it, the questions were so loaded that the only answer you could give was one of the ones they wanted.

Reply to
<me9

Sounds like they're trying to recreate Texan moon towers:

Jethro_uk

I have now had an email to confirm that it has been changed on BBC news and apologising for error.

Reply to
polygonum

Dayglo/reflective? So pedestrians don't walk into them in the gloom?

They have been marked to be felled.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On the subject of eco light bulbs I still wonder if these rules were written by MEP's living in tax exile in Monaco. The light bulbs in my house are 100% efficient for at least 9 months a year and I live in the south of the UK. If I lived in Scotland they would be much more efficient. Apart from the tungsten consumption there is NO wasted energy produced from my light bulbs. Something for you all to think about :-)

On the subject of burning all the environmentalist. Don't worry the emission control on crematorium is very high and controlled. Also all those body parts are collected and recycled by a dutch company. Some of it is high grade titanium or steel.

Another couple of questions for you to think about. My environmental science lecturer loved the exam question. What is the benefit to recycling paper? There are only 2 marginal benefits. Balance of payments deficit and less land fill (important for a small country like the UK)

What effect will the melting Artic have on sea levels? There is no land beneath and is a simple Archimedes principle.

Reply to
hewhowalksamongus