20% off at B&Q

Friday and Sat this week, spend over 50quid and get 20% off at B&Q.

Reply to
fred

I spent my 50 at Homebase last week and only got 15%. Came to £49 at the checkout so I was forced to grab something quick - a tape measure with a spirit level and a notebook and pencil built in. The 4 year old grandson was over the moon with it.

Reply to
stuart noble

You should kepp the notebook and pencil because your mental arithmetic is cack. :)

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

Luckily, I went in last night to make some choices about kitchen units and worktops and noticed the 20% stickers everywhere. I went back today and bought: A complete kitchen.

3 worktops 8m of floor tiles and adhesive (for kitchen) 35m of oak style laminate and underlay (for the entire downstairs floors) 10 pairs of chrome door handles and spindles, for all the internal doors. 12 handles for kitchen cupboards sinktop, tap and waste

Total cost, less than £900!! - I saved over 200 quids

The only thing they didn't have was the kickplates for under the units, but as it's white, I'm just going to get 150mm contiplas, @ £4 for 2.4m, rather than the actual kickplates @ £16 apiece, but they had no contiplas neither. I need one more handle for the kitchen cupboards....on a related note, these were in the aisle where all the hardware is and were in packs of 5 for £20, but the same handles sold singly in the kitchen dept are £8.99 each!! so I saved another £50 there.

Reply to
Bill L

Yuo shold kep a splelchiker

Reply to
johannes

No, you didn't. You spent almost £900 - you didn't "save" anything.

"SAVE!" is a marketing tool, wherby over-inflated prices are reduced to something near their real market value.

You'd save even more if you didn't spend anything in the first place.

There is a difference between value and price, of course. Something is worth as much as anyone is prepared to pay for it.

Did you do any price comparisons? You'll probably find that you could have bought the same products cheaper elsewhere, even after the "20% off"!

Reply to
MatSav

I was going to make the same reply, just CBA ...

Reply to
geoff