2 Port Valve open or closed

I have a wood burner / boiler in my hot water circuit. Unfortunately when originally installed, when the property was converted by previous owners, a 2 port valve was used to isolate the the wood burner circuit. This is of the closed by default version, which is rather a problem during our regular power cuts. I have removed the motor head, but as we have had some work done over the summer I am now uncertain as to whether the valve is in the open or closed position. Without the motor head there is no indication on the valve as to the open or closed position of the spindle. I would like to be certain before I light the fire, though I am now planning to get the valve removed as it does not appear to be necessary.

Any clues gratefully received.

Thanks

Andy

Reply to
andy

With the spindle pointing directly at you move the spindle anti clockwise to open.

Reply to
Ed Sirett