2 pin continental to 3 pin UK plug?

I'm sure we have all seen the adapter plugs that allow 2 pin 'shaver' leads to go into the back of a 3-pin adapter. They work but look cumbersome. Well I just bought a new Philips CD player and attached came a really neat version where the 2-pin plug fits 90-degrees on, entering from the bottom and is enclosed within the 3 pin plug assembly. End result it just looks like a marginally-larger fitted 3 pin plug. Anyone know where you can get these as I've never seen them anywhere?

CPC do several - black or white, disassemblable or not, and two different makes. They're all under a pound (excl VAT). Never used them myself though.
--
Andrew Gabriel

In some cases yes obviously, but this was a really neat solution and suitable for some situations. Somebody mentioned Sony gear, well I had a whole load of it a few months ago and didn't notice the plugs. The only reason I noticed the Philips was to thread the mains cable through a hole in my hifi cabinet and was about to unscrew the plug when I came across it. The two pin plug slipped through the hole easily so it was a double bonus.

My Sony MiniDiscs came with these, but had tamper proof 'one way' screws holding them on.
--
*He who dies with the most toys is, nonetheless, dead.

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 08:20:27 +0100, Bob Minchin

appliances. I guess that it is cheaper to have the far east factory make everything with a 2 pin plug, and then have some poor sod clip the adapter on for the stuff that arrives in the UK.
PM
Bob Minchin wrote:

Got some Aiwa gear with them as well, although they're a Sony subsidiary anyway, so maybe that's no surprise :-)
Lee
--
To reply use lee.blaver and NTL world com

Doctor D. wrote: <snip>

On a related note, anyone know of a Euro-style recessed 2 pin shaver adapter for those chunky power adapter shaver plugs that the newer Brauns come with?
The "plug" body sticks out too far when using a standard adapter, and cutting the plug off is hardly an option! :-)
Lee
--
To reply use lee.blaver and NTL world com

you can re-open and ones with a tamperproof locking screw. I suggest the former
--
geoff

geoff

Brownie wrote:

My ice cream maker came with one, but I'm sure RS and the like have been selling them for donkey's years.