2 pin continental to 3 pin UK plug?

I'm sure we have all seen the adapter plugs that allow 2 pin 'shaver' leads to go into the back of a 3-pin adapter. They work but look cumbersome. Well I just bought a new Philips CD player and attached came a really neat version where the 2-pin plug fits 90-degrees on, entering from the bottom and is enclosed within the 3 pin plug assembly. End result it just looks like a marginally-larger fitted 3 pin plug. Anyone know where you can get these as I've never seen them anywhere?

Reply to
Brownie

CPC do several - black or white, disassemblable or not, and two different makes. They're all under a pound (excl VAT). Never used them myself though.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

In some cases yes obviously, but this was a really neat solution and suitable for some situations. Somebody mentioned Sony gear, well I had a whole load of it a few months ago and didn't notice the plugs. The only reason I noticed the Philips was to thread the mains cable through a hole in my hifi cabinet and was about to unscrew the plug when I came across it. The two pin plug slipped through the hole easily so it was a double bonus.

Reply to
Brownie

IKEA use the same sort of thing on some of their electrical appliances. I guess that it is cheaper to have the far east factory make everything with a 2 pin plug, and then have some poor sod clip the adapter on for the stuff that arrives in the UK.

PM

Reply to
PM

Got some Aiwa gear with them as well, although they're a Sony subsidiary anyway, so maybe that's no surprise :-)

Lee

Reply to
Lee Blaver

On a related note, anyone know of a Euro-style recessed 2 pin shaver adapter for those chunky power adapter shaver plugs that the newer Brauns come with?

The "plug" body sticks out too far when using a standard adapter, and cutting the plug off is hardly an option! :-)

Lee

Reply to
Lee Blaver

My Sony MiniDiscs came with these, but had tamper proof 'one way' screws holding them on.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

In message , Brownie writes

CPC do them - about a quid each IIRC. There are two types, ones which you can re-open and ones with a tamperproof locking screw. I suggest the former

Reply to
geoff

Have you just won the lottery ?

Reply to
geoff

My ice cream maker came with one, but I'm sure RS and the like have been selling them for donkey's years.

Reply to
R W