2 loos

Currently have separate loo upstairs, the bathroom next door has lots of room for an additional loo (3 girls + wife, beleive me we need it)

Downstairs loo not really an option without a lot of digging round the side of the house so ....

Can I plumb a 2nd upstairs loo into the same soil pipe as the original upstairs loo? ta

Reply to
Vass

Yup. I've seen commercial premises with many WCs all on the same standard soil pipe.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yup, there is some guidance in the building regs as to what to do:

John Rumm

Depends a bit on which side the stack is. It's not too bad putting two toilets on the *same* side of the stack (have a look at the loos in your local supermarket next time you visit) - but putting them on opposite sides of the stack could prove a bit more tricky. You'd need to break into the stack and replace a single branch with a double branch, if such a thing exists - I've had a quick look on-line, and can't find any 110mm double branches!

Reply to
Set Square

about 1/3 the way down

Reply to
Tony Bryer

They're definitely available, many new houses near here have them for their en-suite.

Reply to
<me9

Good stuff! Still a bit of a fun job, installing in an existing stack, though!

Reply to
Set Square

Vass wrote: I plumb a 2nd upstairs loo into the same soil pipe as the original

Yes, but expect interference from the pen-pushers.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Why? If the two come in on a double branch, no problem. If the two come into branches on the same side, no problem. If they come in from opposite sides at different levels there is a minimum separation (200mm IIRC) to stop the flow from the higher one going up the lower one.

Reply to
Tony Bryer