2.5A 5V DC adaptor

I'd be utterly amazed if you found one in stock at a shop...
--
*Change is inevitable ... except from vending machines *

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:09:39 +0000 (GMT), in uk.d-i-y, Dave Plowman wrote:

Might get it online then ;o) But yeah, the chances of that in a shop are slim...
--
BWGames
to email change de.news to de-news
Owain <Use owain to email me.> wrote:

I thought they didn't do this now - certainly never offered it to me the last couple of times they have not had what I wanted.
It has been a pretty good service in the past though.
Darren
BWGames wrote:

Just in case my last post gets lost in the depths of the thread above...
CPC order code PW0051266 should do the trick for about 20 quid.
--
Cheers,

John.

Just looking at my Rapid cat. which arrived today, they do a 2.4 amp 5 volt SMPS wall wart for 12.20 - 85-1802.
Thanks to Andrew for the tip - they seem much cheaper than RS and Maplin for my 'benchmarks'.
--
*Middle age is when it takes longer to rest than to get tired.

BWGames wrote:

Try Ebay. You never know...

I would use a power supply from a dead computer, that has 5v and more than enough go.
MrCheerful

My router has the same spec supply. The adapter says "FPS013" on it and can be found here:
http://www.fspgroup.co.uk/products/adapter.html
The pdf brochure has specs (mine is a large 3-pin adapter, slightly smaller than the small 3-pin adapter !), and there is contact info on the page. See if they can supply or put you in touch with someone who can.
HTH.
--
Never appeal to his better nature. He may not have one.

Mail john rather than nospam...

What about the supplier?
Netgear routers usually have 2 (or 3) years warranty on the PSU, and 5 years on the kit. I had one PSU blow recently, they swapped it without question under warranty - shipped a new one without requiring the old one back. I think these are designed to blow!
PoP

If you've got a spare socket there'll be 5.5 V at that sort of current from your PC power-supply. I've run 6V bike headlight bulbs from PC PSU's quite happily. Barley Twist (Please put out the cats to reply direct)