2.5 Cable rather than 1.5

I want to put a light in the cupboard that the consumer unit is in and taking the cable from the consumer unit . I don't have any 1.5mm sq cable but loads of 2.5mm .Is there any reason why I can't use this ,even temporarily, until I get a length of the other size... It'll be about 1 metre at most .?

Stuart

Shift THELEVER to reply.

Reply to
Stuart

No problem whatsoever. It is perfectly acceptable and will not need to be replaced in due course.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

No, it's fine. There would be a problem if you used cable which was too thin for the load and/or fuse/breaker - but there's no problem using cable which is thicker than necessary.

Reply to
Set Square

Thx to both for your helpful replies

Stuart