19mm faced board

I want to add an extra shelf to a 600 mm kitchen cabinet, and guess that ordering it from the European manufacturer will probably by very expensive.

What I need, and am prepared to cut from larger, is white faced board 493 mm x 567 mm x 19 mm thick.

Looking on-line I have not yet been able to find what I had expected would be fairly common.

Any suggestions?

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

B&Q sell 18mm (not 19MM) which might be close enough for size but I can't remember if they do it in white. Worth a look if all else fails.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Just cut it from a bigger piece and get some iron on edging for front face.Easy to do just don't let the wife see you with her iron.

Reply to
F Murtz

Try Ikea, they sell spare kitchen cabinet shelves in a variety of sizes . The drop-down list on the page shows the external size of the cabinet but the actual size of the shelf will appear in the "Assembled size" section when you select a size.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

B&Q list it, but for some reason I can't find a store showing any stock.

I will have to try my shelf clips (I have spares) to see if they are OK with 18 mm. The shelf doesn't just sit, the edges are held front and rear, and another widget wedges it in place.

As I said originally, cutting is not the issue, getting, ideally, a big enough piece of 19 mm board is.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Good call, if I can get away with 18 mm, that is certainly worth considering.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon