Subject Author Posted Replies

Heating Boiler Cycling up and down.
Some months ago our Worcester green star boiler was replaced with a new Ideal logic heat 18 in a traditional set up with a hot water cylinder upstairs in a small terraced house. After installation...
6
6

Sahara sand
You remember all that sand the other day? Well I got my nice slate grey new patio swept to get rid of it, now after a short shower yesterday, its back again. Now this could have just washed off roofs...
16
16

Dehydration
Is there any tests available that can tell you if you are dehydrating yourself ? ....
60
60

Soldering/brazing torch for (e.g.) 13kg propane cylinder
Is it possible to get a brazing/soldering torch that can be run off a standard propane cylinder that one uses for domestic cooking or barbecue or similar? Apart from anything else it would mean that...
23
23

Multimeter question
I've just received an ANENG M118A multimeter. bought it as my 33 year-old auto-ranging Fluke 75 has expired - and this cheapo is also auto-ranging. Trouble is that it is even more automatic when it...
5
5

FreeSat.
Have a 1 metre satellite dish and a rotator. Little used these days. Last time round about Xmas last year. Wanted to see a local BBC news (from Scotland) the other day and nothing. Can get at the dish...
9
9

London power outage(s)
<> Live power cut map for London, East Anglia and South East England
19
19

18th Ed Amendment 2 Wiring Regs
Now in force I think. A marked absence of AFDD consumer units in Screwfix - they only have Wylex MCB/AFDD devices separately. Owain
2
2

Flymo 270 fixing pins
*I have just purchased a Flymo 270 lawnmower. This is the 5th or 6th Flymo I have Had over the last 50 have never had any problems with other than the normal things caused by wear and tear. This new...

Changing tap washer
idea how to change the tap washer on this tap ? It's not mine, I have been asked how to do it by someone else. Nothing like any of mine which have a button in the center of the top of the handle which...
8
8

Prostate again
My PSA has gone up 40% in 6 months, having been pretty level for the previous couple of years. Does anyone here, apart from Rod, believe that I should ignore it? I'm having an MRI scan on Thursday, by...
14
14

Two eBay purchases gone wrong in a week
I've been buying odd things from eBay sellers for years, and nearly always things work as they should. But last week two separate purchases failed for utterly bizarre reasons. I bought toner for my...
22
22

Internal FM aerial query
Hello I bought a Denon DRA-455 Tuner-Amp in the local BHF shop on Saturday. It's immaculate, not a scratch and works fine. 65 watts /channel and when plugged in to a Wattmeter it seems to use about 25...
54
54

Static IP address
My broadband supplier offers a static IP address for £5.00. Does this significantly improve Internet security or is it just more sales nagging by AVG. I have no plans to operate a business or VPN...
26
26

Fridge part of Samsung fridge-freezer gone warm
Samsung American style fridge freezer - freezer part working fine but fridge side failed today. Am I right in thinking this should be worth fixing as the freezer side is doing all the work and it may...
4
4