Subject Author Posted Replies

OT senior moment
I already had a cable coming through into the kitchen via hole in one wall and then running the complete length of the kitchen in trunking attached to the wall which was under the kitchen floor units...
1
1

Adjusting an atomizer circuit
I've bought an atomizer circuit and "speaker", which appears to want a water depth of 1cm. However the tank/valve I have produces 2cm depth. Is there a way to change the electronics to make it vibrate...
19
19

OT: 10pm switchoff
Hve to admit I didn't hear about this in advance. Some kind of protest movement. Anyway, CCGT dipped from 12.1 to 6.86, which appears to have staved off disaster. The subsequent switch-back-on...
13
13

Returning to a Stable Dollar (Steve Forbes)
Returning to a Stable Dollar (Steve Forbes) CATO Institute interview, June 2014: Q. You talk about stability a lot, in this book, & I think it's clear that the instability of the U.S. dollar has done...

Canon Chesterton small top oven goes out
The flame lights ok then goes put when the door is moved eg closed or opened. How do i stop this happening?

Removing stain on unvarnished wood
I managed to get a big WD40 stain on a nice piece of unvarnished wood. Is there any way to remove it or minimise it ? ie something to try to draw it back out of the wood?
6
6

Brazing torch fittings
I have one of these: 1980s, the packaging says Campingaz and it's for butane/propane mix. The rubber hose looks in good condition, I have no idea what the insides are like. However the regulator part...
16
16

Electric Shock
Gentlemen, I've noticed (in my case anyway - can't speak for anyone else) that a DC shock is much worse than an AC one. I'd sooner cop a belt off the mains than suffer a DC shock at half the voltage....
56
56

Concrete Gravel Boards and Angle Grinders
I am going to install some additional concrete gravel boards to raise some fence panels one of which will need cutting to fit. So the question is do they have rebar in them? If they do can I use the...
11
11

Snake oil?
Is this for real, or is this snake oil? much do these things cost - I can't find the price anywhere? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/stories-61030903How A power socket that helps you save electricity...
29
29

Well that's a new one
A 1 second powercut managed to crash my soldering iron!
14
14

I should have gone to Specsavers
Or is it that blokes do not look properly? On Friday I was swapping four spotlight MR16 12V lamps and transformers with GU10 lamp holders and GU10 LED lamps. One of the spring clips that holds the...
21
21

Military Pact Between U.S., U.K. and Australia to Focus on Hypersonic Missiles
Military Pact Between U.S., U.K. and Australia to Focus on Hypersonic Missiles By Mike Cherney, Apr. 5, 2022, WSJ A military partnership between the U.S., the U.K. and Australia will be expanded to...

?Back Boilers??
Over the years, I?ve heard the term Back Boilers - especially in the 60s and 70s but rarely since- but only had a vague idea that they are, in simple terms, a heating system which is tucked away...
29
29

Dusty house
How the hell do you get rid of dust from a house? Our house is VERY dusty. We have a black TV on a black glass stand and a black wall-mounted electric fire. Everywhere that should look black actually...
13
13