Subject Author Posted Replies

Automatic line testing? Slightly long but a simple question at the end.
I live 500 metres from an ADSL 2+ exchange. But that is at the other side of the town centre, and I could belive my actual wiring run is longer, also the phone lines in our street (most of the...
16
16

Moisture in double glazing
We have all seen the problem of moisture between double glazing panes but on the cruise ship I have just left there was 2ft of water sloshing about between the panes!
2
2

Kenwood dishwasher problem
We have a Kenwood KDW60W10 dishwasher that threw a wobbly today and came up with error code E1, which according to the manual is a problem with the flow meter. I can get a brand new flow meter for...
2
2

Stair Handrail height
After 20 yrs+ I'm finally getting round to putting a handrail up the stairs for the extension bedroom. Research shows that the authorities think this should be a 'minimum of 900mm from the stair pitch...
5
5

110mm Waste offset ?
I'm fitting a wall mounted wc into my bathroom, using a grohe mounting frame, and I'm puzzled what the best way to deal with the small maybe 35-40mm height difference between the right angle grohe wc...
5
5

coke bottle thread adaptor
I'd like to experiment with using a 2L coke bottle as a pressure vessel but I haven't worked out how best to make a leakproof plumbed connection to the bottle. Does anyone know of an adaptor that...
29
29

OT Visual trick
Can you see how this is done? Biertijd.com // Media » Azulejos Trick
21
21

Re: Dear Human !!!!!!!!!!!!
Dear Prudence! Eff off!
3
3

Boiler noise
I have a two year old Vaillant Ecotec. I was outside just now when it started making a low-pitched resonant noise, a bit like someone playing a didg., which lasted for about ten or fifteen seconds....
3
3

Night storage heaters?
AIUI these beasties heat up overnight & release the heat during the day, electricity being cheaper at night than during the day. Other than that, I know nothing about them. Apparently the low or night...
31
31

Adjustable hole cutter
eg: I recall these being described as pants here in the past but I have a couple of large (130 odd mm) holes to make in the back of some thin backed self assembly wardrobes and they could save time...
12
12

Repairing PVC pond liner
My parents have this pond in their back garden which appears to be lined with PVC liner. Trouble is there's a couple of nasty tears right near the top, just under where the flag stones are (or were...
8
8

*how much* to put up thermostat by one degree?
Hi all I'm looking for a hand-waving unscientific figure about the cost of heating, along the lines of: "for every degree you put the thermostat up, you'll pay £xxx extra in heating per week" This...
13
13

Warranty question
We've got a heated towel rail/radiator in the bathroom. A few months ago, it went ping and a bit fell off, emptying the central heating all over the bathroom floor... The manufacturer of the rail have...
1
1

Internal door - jammed shut - handle not operating latch
Tried taking door handle off and turning with pliars etc but it just seem to turn enough to open the latch. What are my options? All I can see at the moment is kick the door in....
40
40