Subject Author Posted Replies

Power Supply tip for PC desktop owners!
I have an older (around 2006) Acer with an MSI mobo. PC went on the blink. Symptom: PC started, then immediately stopped (within a second or two). This problem started intermittently over the previous...
18
18

Wooden guttering ??
OK I could go and buy a piece of plastic guttering but I am on a roll at the moment as I have just rebuilt my shed relaid a back garden of 2x3 slabs and built my fence from my next door neighbours old...
6
6

Toilet paper
Does anyone know if it is possible to get toilet paper with numbered sheets?
19
19

Where have the 114mm holesaws gone?
Apart from Screwfix who want 27.19 for one they seem not to exist apart from online shops. http://www.screwfix.com/p/starrett-114mm-holesaw/33340
8
8

removing paint from wooden fence posts
Hi, In our garden we have an arch/pergola that the previous owners painted with water-based "preserver" only it was a funny colour. SWMBO asked me to creosote it to make it look prettier. I had a go...
4
4

Machine Mart - small claim
You might remember I posted details of an item I bought from Machine Mart (combined magnifier & Fl light) it was useless, quality of magnifier lens was so poor everything was out of focus. Took it...
147
147

garden tool batteries
Didnt use batteries fr two years(medical reason) for strimmer and hedge trimmer. No they wont take a charge. Any solutions?
7
7

Wood moulding channel section, where to buy?
I'm after a wood moulding channel section and I'm finding it difficult to find any. I want something like a 15mm square section with a 5mm slot in it, the dimensions aren't that critical though,...
3
3

Satellite TV
The new house has a satellite dish. I've got a cheap DVB-S decoder from Ebay. It appears to work and identifies a satellite (Telecom 2 3.0 East) but its scan finds no channels. Where can I find what...
12
12

Wall rebuild quote
Hi . A brickie gave me a quote to take down an old wall (about 13ft long by 6' 6" high)using 140mm concrete blocks, for (£790). This wall is connected to my neighbour's wall with an adjacent wall...
3
3

Microwave odd-ball
The source I suspect is age - it's a 20 year old Panasonic - and it's more a case of 'when' we replace it rather than resolve but an opinion of the source of the problem would be interesting. About...
2
2

Incralac brass lacquer
Has anyone any experience of using Incralac or similar lacquer on non-ferrous metal - if so has the finish lasted well outdoors. The blurb for the Incralac indicates that it should, but if anyone has...

Bookshelves
I want to build some bookshelves. What's a good material to use for the shelves themselves - around 30 cms deep? I know this sounds like a daft question, but I want it to be reasonably cost-effective...
25
25

Strong alternative to chimney corner bracket
I want to put a satellite dish plus motor on a tenement chimney, but unfortunately one south-west corner of the chimney is already in use for someone else's dish, and the other south-east corner is...
24
24

Safety mods to an electric lamp bought overseas?
Just back from a family trip to Egypt learning to scuba dive. Boy, it was fantastic - best holiday *evah*, etc etc Anyway, while we were out there SWMBO and Offspring #1 managed to find the time to go...
32
32