Subject Author Posted Replies

Halfords switching power supply to power a Ring Automotive RAC610 12V Analogue (Tyre) Compressor
Yesterday I ordered a Ring Automotive RAC610 12V Analogue Compressor from Amazon, because I cannot pump my car tyres up manually at the moment due to recovery from an operation. It so happens that...
26
26

Correction fluid
What is the solvent used in Tipp-Ex and similar correction fluids ? Those 20 ml plastic bottles dry up far too quickly.
7
7

(OT) Soccer players who bite
The radio babbles about the unprecedented conduct of a football player, but it's far from the worst case of its kind. Over a decade ago I was often in a bar watching an American TV channel which...
6
6

Drill bit sizes
I've just been drilling a few holes in brick for a fixture specifying a size 7 mm masonry drill bit. I found one in my collection marked '7' but as I thought it looked a bit small I measured it with...
32
32

Sub-C cells
My trusty old Wicks cordless drill has a failed battery. The other one is still ok - but won't be far behind. It's a drill I like - has an add on right angle drive attachment, so I think it is worth...
18
18

All the tools you could never want
KMS Tools & Equipment | - Air Tools Autobody Hand Tools Air Compressors Construction Metalworking Tools Outdoor Tools & Equipment Power Tools Safety Equipment Shop Equipment Tool Boxes Welders...
13
13

hardwood floors & water stains
Is there any way to treat water-damaged hardwood to remove discolouration? This is in a bathroom which will no longer be a bathroom, so I've got some filling-in to do for the holes where the bog, sink...

Paint again
Oh dear, oh dear, here I am again with a moan and a problem. First, the colour matching , which I was on about before. I had some lighter than expected mix of green paint that we tried on the house...

Putting the Screw in Screwfix
Just bought myself a warehouse coat. _requestid=392201 £29.99 in ScrewFix coat £15.59 in MachineMart. We also have a MachineMart which is just a little bit further away than ScrewFix. Guess where I...
48
48

Power Supply tip for PC desktop owners!
I have an older (around 2006) Acer with an MSI mobo. PC went on the blink. Symptom: PC started, then immediately stopped (within a second or two). This problem started intermittently over the previous...
18
18

Wooden guttering ??
OK I could go and buy a piece of plastic guttering but I am on a roll at the moment as I have just rebuilt my shed relaid a back garden of 2x3 slabs and built my fence from my next door neighbours old...
6
6

Toilet paper
Does anyone know if it is possible to get toilet paper with numbered sheets?
19
19

Where have the 114mm holesaws gone?
Apart from Screwfix who want 27.19 for one they seem not to exist apart from online shops. http://www.screwfix.com/p/starrett-114mm-holesaw/33340
8
8

removing paint from wooden fence posts
Hi, In our garden we have an arch/pergola that the previous owners painted with water-based "preserver" only it was a funny colour. SWMBO asked me to creosote it to make it look prettier. I had a go...
4
4

Machine Mart - small claim
You might remember I posted details of an item I bought from Machine Mart (combined magnifier & Fl light) it was useless, quality of magnifier lens was so poor everything was out of focus. Took it...
147
147