Subject Author Posted Replies

Redundant Gas meter.
After lots of waiting on the phone. When your existing contract runs out, you will have to pay meter rental if you have a gas meter (even if you don't use gas). (£100/year in my case) The only way to...
3
3

How can so many countries and so many experts be taken in?
The explosives detector, supposedly developed from a golf ball locator. My gob is totally smacked - how can so many people, so many countries, so many experts and the military all be fooled by such a...
8
8

OT: Relensing glasses
I just got some new glasses, and my prescription has changed sufficiently that using my old ones as spares (and wearing for DIY!) is no longer an option, so I just called my optician and they want...
87
87

Which one is Cheap?
What type of security monitoring services you are using and how much you are paying for security i am paying a lot for my security monitoring that is not enough if you compare it with benefits.But i...
7
7

Shower isolating valve - where to put it?
Where is the shower isolating valves normally placed so that it is easily accessible at a later date for maintenance? The pipework for my shower will all be under the floor and in a partition wall so...
7
7

Split threads
Any idea why yesterday we saw so many threads appearing as multiple short threads - or individual posts - instead of nicely threaded as usual? Sure we get the odd one from time to time, but rarely...
6
6

Aldi compressor
I presume this is good for nothing more than blowing up balls? NT Check out our fantastic Specialbuys - there’s so much on offer here at Aldi, with great deals on homeware, electrical goods, garden...
10
10

Short power cable
Have just bought a new Russell-Hobbs electric kettle, to replace their old 'Forgettle' of several decades vintage. The new one has a power lead about 16 inches long, and only one of the sockets in the...
32
32

Unknown blade
Anyone recognise this? It's 11 inches long and used to have a wooden handle. http://petersphotos.com/temp/Blade.JPG
40
40

Bathroom quote
Someone I know has a house with no CH, no hot water, and no kitchen to speak of (just an ancient sink). They've been quoted £9000 to install a 'wetroom' style of bathroom with electric shower, and...
8
8

It made me laugh, anyway...
The Biggest CLEAN-only joke site. Huge searchable archive of good, clean humor. Share with family & friends worry-free. Daily joke mailing list!
3
3

Socket set
My maturing (at last!) son asked about a source of an affordable socket set for the odd bit of car maintenance, etc. My something like 40 year old 1/2" drive set cost me 99p, because the lassy in the...
41
41

GURUAID - X-POST
Has anyone had any dealings with GURUAID? A friend tried to ring Microsoft Support and ended up with this company. They tried to sell he support services, and she declined. However, believing that...
33
33

Labels for tops of traffic cones
Sorry, slightly bizarre request - I need to put out some traffic cones (in a lawfully allowed way) but I also want to have displayed on top of the con es a message. I was imagining that someone would...
7
7

Exhaust manifold nuts.
Had to remove a downpipe from the SD1 due to a slight blow where it joined the manifold - and of course a stud sheared. To be fair, it's been in place for perhaps 10 years, due to the stainless steel...
11
11