Subject Author Posted Replies

Use class for wooden shed
I have a document that describes Use Classes 1, 2, 3a, 3b, 4. 3a is "Above ground, coated. Exposed to frequent wetting." Will that be appropriate for a garden shed that I shall paint after it is...

Real wood floor.
No. Saws, sander, a router & table's cheap compared to lots of premade flooring, as I said. And you get to keep or resell it. That's the killer, that & family time. NT
15
15

2 boilers, 1 controller
My new house has two boilers heating different parts of the house, but lousy programmers inconveniently located next to the boilers and no thermostats. I'd like to be able to control when each of the...
14
14

New toy.
Just took delivery of a used Makita 8434D - it's very nice. Miles removed from the lighter weight ones I'd been using and hopefully with a few years left in it. Got another one (6xxx) on the way to...
8
8

Worcester Bosch woes
WB Greenstar 28i Junior, about 5 yrs old. After about 5 minutes in the shower the boiler goes into lockout with red light flashing once a second, blue light flashing once for every 2 flashes of the...
3
3

Sky News on freesat gone AWOL
Sky News, and the other channels on the same transponder, have gone AWOL during what appears to be daylight hours only to return each evening. Anyone seeing anything like this now or previously?
7
7

Ballcocks!
Hi All The dishwasher broke, and the service valve thingy wouldn't turn off. So I turned the water of at the main stopcock (1st time in 20 years) and changed the service valve. Upon turning the...
8
8

Disabled parking signs
Anyone know? Do you have to have a blue disabled parking sign, or one painted on the floor, or both? Application is outside an office block on an industrial estate.
18
18

Where can I get?
When I've not been needing them, I see them but not now I need some. I'm looking for the rubber adapters that push into a 40mm waste pipe and allow a 22mm overflow pipe to be fitted in. I can find...
3
3

How would you fix cracks in a concrete path?
Apologies if this is a stupid question. This path is made out of concrete and stones mixed together (don't know what the term is - hardcore?) but has surface cracks in a couple of places and weeds are...
9
9

RCD question
I am considering fitting a mirror demisting pad behind the mirrored glass door of the vanity cabinet above the sink in the bathroom. This would get power from the light switch which is the pull cord...
3
3

Paint fridge
What's the best paint to apply by brush or roller? Spraying is not an option.
7
7

fence spraining paint
I purchased a spray paint from Lidl recently. they wrote that they would have brown and green paint, in fact there was only brown. so I bought the sprayer. Now looking for paint I find that he price...
2
2

Decent but cheap pressure washer?
Looking for a replacement for my Karcher all-singing pressure washer, but looking for something cheaper as I don't need most of the attachments and gimmicks. It's just for cleaning patio, car, paths...
8
8

cutting down a 4 panel door - do-able?
Need a door to fit existing doorway but 69&1/40inch tall... Too much to take off std 78" door so- Anyone disassembled a ready made 4 panel door shortened it then reassembled successfully? Gotchas?...
8
8