Subject Author Posted Replies

DIY Concrete screws
In my local supplier, they have concrete screws... At three quid a pop. No wucking fay, am I paying that for a fecking bolt, especially if I want 12 or more. I recall a couple of years ago, the same...
13
13

Hob (pan supports)
Need to buy a new gas hob. Any thoughts on enameled steel - v - cast iron pan supports in the long term?
8
8

OT check in times
It's been a few years since I've been anywhere by air. I'm booked on a 6.30am flight from East Midlands to Dublin. The airport website says two hours should be allowed for check in. Is this mandatory...
19
19

Quickest way to burn logs, grass & branches?
Spent most of the day feeding crap through a new garden shredder, all I'm left with is a huge pile of cuttings that are too small to shred, various halves of trees that are too big to shred, and dried...
34
34

Stoves cooker problem
I have a Stoves EH600 cooker, and the main oven was failing to reach temper ature. The switch light was going out after the usual time, so i thought it must be the sensor, so i changed the switch and...

Bay window angle
Been fitting some cornice, and the angles round my bay window are odd. It's this sort of shape:- __________ / / / --------- --------- I'd have expected them to be something like 120/240 degrees, but...
4
4

Removing skirting
I need to remove some skirting - preferably with little or no damage. It is Victorian stuff made in three bits - a ornate moulding at the top, a plain bit of wood under that and a high but thin panel...
18
18

OT Nuclear power
One to wind TurNiP up. Old but still relevent. http://transitionculture.org/2011/03/15/ten-reasons-why-new-nuclear-was-a-mistake-even-before-fukushima-an-open-letter-to-chris-huhne-from-alexis-rowell/
47
47

Stairlifts - Which make?
Looks as if the wife's going to be needing one soon. Our stairs are a straight run of 4m x 13 steps and power is available at the top so should be straight-forward to fit. Anyone got any views on...
14
14

Toolsatan inside Wickes
Popped into my local Wickes today. I know most of the staff pretty well & showed them the latest Toolsatan catalogue - which had the news about three Toolsatans opening inside Wickes branches. Staff...
12
12

OT: buying an electric bike for the missus
The missus wants to get back into riding a bike, and as it's her birthday soon, i thought i'd get her an electric bike, She's seen them in Germany and loved the idea, and particularly likes the...
82
82

Haynes manuals in general, Renault Clio in particiular.
Went into Halfords to browse the Haynes manuals today. I want to buy one as a gift for a friend who has a 2013 Renault Clio. None of the manuals on display for any of the marques went beyond 2011....
17
17

Installing concrete fence posts
I'm planning to instal a short run of fencing between two front gardens using these concrete posts and panels: The panels are 900mm / 3ft tall. Is there any reason not to get 2440mm / 8ft posts -...
9
9

curious! Said Alice...
Wife's new credit card got a transaction refusal at a London restaurant.... On the way home Tesco Hatfield had no diesel so we trawled around several dimly remembered outlets that now no longer sell...
19
19

Painting Marley Cement Hanging Tiles
Is it possible to paint these type of tiles ? They are a dark brown colour. Has anyone had good results doing this. What type of paint did they use and what prep is needed ? Thnx for any help .
4
4