Subject Author Posted Replies

Fault mode with Sealey Pillar drill electrics?
Hi All I have a Sealey Pillar Drill - perhaps half a step up from the Aldi/Lidl/MachineMart basic pillar drills. It has always worked fine, but today it fails to start when I press the green button...
7
7

Some basic block laying questions
Hi all, I am going to start building an outdoor BBQ next weekend out of concrete blocks. It is about 1900mm wide, around 850mm deep, block legs each end and a block central leg in the middle. I have...
4
4

Old phone connection boxes
Yesterday morning I was at eldest?s moving an outside tap and rerouting a TV antenna wire. During all of this, I noticed an old, disused, telephone connection box screwed to the wall. It must have...
9
9

Combination Boilers
By Combination boiler I mean one which heats water for taps etc ?instantly? and for central heating radiators - in this case a sealed system. The actual boiler is a Green Star, a 25 from memory. ( Not...
8
8

DPC a few mm from edge of brick?
I'm planning on installing DPC and a few courses of bricks on Monday. Should the DPC line up with the edge of the brick? In which case how to point it? Or in a few mm? And should it be cut back to the...
2
2

OT FA Cup final
Really shown on BBC and ITV at the same time live? And yes Bill I do have a TV.
2
2

Heat only Boiler - The sytem upgrade - boiler sizing and temporary hot water etc etc
Hi again all, If I can pick the collective wisdoms again.. To recap; our premium-grade (expensive) german combi completely failed beyond repair back in May after 17 years so I'm replacing with...
4
4

OT: mpg question
I drove to Perth yesterday (Scotland not Australia), 62 miles. I set the drive computer at the start. On the way north, I was running late and driving a bit faster than usual. I also got caught in a...
115
115

TOT scams
My local council posted on their own web site and in the local social media groups warnings about email scammers asking for bank details for the £150 energy tax return. Although they seem to have...
15
15

Patio cleaner
What on earth is in that stuff. It don't half pong. reminds me of ydrochloic acid from my school days, and that was a long time ago. The guys building the wall and fence used it to clean the droppings...
6
6

Fix leaking plastic kettle window
Our kettle is leaking. It has plastic windows on two sides and one side always faces the window. It seems to have "frosted" and is leaking from the seam with the kettle body. It's only a slight...
4
4

Windows messed up
Got a laptop to sort out, not sure where to ask for windows advice. The relevant comp groups look dead. I'll ask here, some may know what to do. Modern but single core laptop, hw specs are more than...
62
62

Gardn Wall Estimate
I have just had the estimate for the garden wall I asked for advice on in here. 9" wall appx 1.8m x 8m with all spoil and old fence removed £5,424. No mention of wider piers. Fence quotes are £650...

OT: shortage of boxes
Well it appears you can now sell a damaged box for £105. Box only, gpu not included.
24
24

OT Google timeline help
Today it says I have no visits for this day. Location is on and location history is on. Any suggestions?
5
5