Subject Author Posted Replies

Floating windfarm
Scottish floating windfarm is being towed to Norway for 3-4 months holid^H^H^H^Heavy maintenance <> The world’s first floating offshore wind farm, Hywind Scotland, is coming offline for three to...
58
58

Computer Mouse Problems,
Folks, We have an optical mouse on our home office computer, which is on a Ikea white table. It really does not like the very smooth surface, its much better on something with a little texture, but...
45
45

Display differences between PC and laptop
I have a PC (Dell Optiplex 780) and a laptop (Dell Latitude 6230), both 64 bit and running Win 10. I use the PC at home, and the laptop when I am at my local Archive doing research for visitors etc....
11
11

Exterior Polyfilla
If I do a patch repair on an outside wall using this stuff, anyone know if it's waterproof as it stands or does it need to be painted? Get a lot of rain at this time of year!
4
4

Ok in simple English please - usenet groups.
I am not familiar with all the in and out. I used to get usenet on an outlook client on my win dows computer. That gotg stopped. I found uk diy on google, logged in. Now that is stopping? So I need a...
13
13

EDF re-issuing 'statements' using quarterly billing to customers on monthly bills
Just had an email from EDF titled "FYI: Your energy statement" where they have recalculated all my *monthly* bills on a quarterly basis (using some estimated readings with decimal positions) starting...
22
22

VERY TOT reinventing the wheel
For Xmas I got a gift pack of beer, in bottles. It came with a bottle opener. The opener consisted of a flat wood disk that fitted in the palm of the hand and on the underside a piece of flat metal...
12
12

One for EV sceptics
Hertz axes third of EV fleet due to lack of demand • The Register
16
16

Waterproof wall panels ( like those used for showers)
Its me again. I need more advice. Having successfully tackled most of the damp/condensation in my horrible house, I have come to a impasse this week with the kitchen. Its only ONE wall - the back wall...
32
32

Power Brownout
I'd love to be able to d-i-y this! On the 1st Jan the electric power here was cut for an hour. I notified UK Power. When it came back, the supply was a at pretty steady 160v. I notified UK Power....
33
33

’ Here Are 2 Key Reasons.
You are erroneously assuming that infrastructure to support new builds in villages and small towns exists. It's not just a matter of assigning a few fields for a housing estate and expecting things...
6
6

Special delivery (signed for post) is pointless
Why do people post items requiring a signature? Guess what, most people are out during the day. Those items are left to get returned to sender, I can't be bothered with this nonsense.
177
177

Mains current flow indicator
Have I got the right term? I'm looking for something that might fit between an electric water pump and the mains socket and light up whenever the pump is in operation. Most of the time - for days at a...
30
30

Mech Eng: how much clearance?
Gentlemen, I have a spindle which is .636mm diameter. What's the ideal size of bushing to fit around it snugly so there's no play but with enough clearance for a few drops of thin oil? It needs to...
23
23

Minimum Temp for Rendering
Hi all, I was going to mix up some sand and cement to repair some cracks in a concrete window sill earlier today, but then remembered you're not supposed to do this if it's below a certain temperature...
2
2