Subject Author Posted Replies

Best "de-grouting" method?
I've got some grouting to remove from between some tiles and I thought I could use my dremel type tool to grind/mill it out but it turns out that the tool is too hard or the tiles are too soft as it...
2
2

Large cupboard handles.
Anyone know where to get Imperial sized large cupboard handles ? I need to match existing ones, which have a distance between fixing centres of 12 inches and the caps covering the mountings are 2...
15
15

Stitching round the edge of bits of carpets to make mats
I've laid some new carpet and I want to get some offcuts of carpet stitched/bound round the edges to make them into mats that won't fray. I can't seem to find anyone that does it locally. Anyone know...
9
9

Do CPC ship to Europe?
As per subject, will CPC send stuff to a European mainland address (France to be specific)? I couldn't find anything on their web site about non-UK shipping.
6
6

Boiler question
This concerns a Bosh Worcester (Ri) boiler. It has a dial on the front with Max/Min settings. My gas supplier told me to turn it to the minimum to economise on gas use. However speaking to the Bosh...
4
4

OT: Wind Farms
Extract: Wind farms are made profitable by subsidies through Renewable Obligation Certificates which provide over half of wind farm revenue.[110] The total annual cost of the Renewables Obligation...
36
36

With many advantages and new amendments Bhalasaddar the such as Altabz Movement Tabs, sounds, and others with the program ooVoo (1
Free File Sharing @ UppIT

OT - PC Problem
I read this and my PC slowed down, caught fire and started smelling of garlic For years tyre giant Goodyear has been trying to stem losses at a plant in northern France. Now it wants to close the...

Concrete garage floor - cutting through it, building on it
I need to install a drain underneath an existing concrete garage floor - ab out a 5 metre run. This seems to be a daunting task. Would cutting through a channel using a motorised disc cutter be a...
6
6

OT -Thank heaven for LED lights
Today this headline "Green light for 'three-parent' IVF" and variants have been in our newspapers, etc. Am I the only one to imagine that babies so "created" (and, possibly, all three parents) would...
6
6

cracked radiator boss
can this be used to repair a cracked radiator boss? Bostik UK provides adhesive technologies across a wide range of sectors including construction, automotive, aerospace, rail, packaging, tapes,...
3
3

unusual piece of machinery
Anyone any idea what this piece of machinery is used for? http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2vmylqf&s=5 http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2vmylqf
8
8

upstairs windows
Whats the current regulations regarding upstairs windows? Do they still have to be tilt and turn even though I have another escape route through a patio door.
4
4

Bosch 24Ri Boiler gas valve
I'm in the process of installing one of these boilers and notice there are two coils/solenoids on the gas valve. They look similar but one is 177 ohms and the other 373 ohms. The boiler output is...
7
7

Re: breakdown insurance... cancelation fee
They can't, things have changed. You can tell your bank to stop the payments. Some UK banks have been slow to accept that they have to stop such things if the account holder requests it, but they do....