Subject Author Posted Replies

LED PIR Floodlights
I'm sure this has been covered before but doesn't come to hand in a search: Can anyone recommend from personal experience a modestly priced LED PIR floodlight. I have many of the conventional 150 watt...
27
27

Wind mended ?
I see that wind is now producing some 2.5GW after 3 weeks of producing less than a GW. They've obviously mended it, it must have been broken. What I want to know is what arrangements there are for a...
6
6

Stainless Splashback...Perfect cleaner found!
Chip oil splattered up the back of the range on the splashback. "Someone" didn't bother to clean it off and it semi-solidified.... Brake cleaner, Mr Muscle, and other kitchen cleaner stuff just didn't...
24
24

(probably a bit OT) Laser question
Being as a laser maintains its power in its beam. Does anyone know if a laser beam is infinite in how far the beam shines or is there a limit?
39
39

Creaking waste pipe
I suspect this is expansion it sounds like an expansion noise that from zero accelerates as water runs out then deaccelerates as it cools, noise stops after a couple of minutes. Thats what I think it...
5
5

Central heating - heating comes on even though only water on (according to controller)
Very strange. Got a heating controller that, basically, you set separate times from heating and water. At the moment, heating is off. But we still need hot water. Trouble is radiators still come on...
3
3

Wells well again!
As mentioned last week my well pump packed up leaving me watering with expensive metered mains water. All is well again now, a the replacement pump arrived today and is now installed. I would like to...
5
5

OT: Who still prints 35mm photos?
Used one of these on holiday: It is disposable. Now looking to have the photos printed. Haven't done this for years... Any idea where? High street preferred if not ridiculously expensive.
20
20

Drill bit question ...
Dead easy one, I hope, for thems in the know ... I need to drill about 4 or 5 holes of around 3 to 4 mm in some stainless. It's not very thick - 0.5 mm perhaps ? Certainly not more than 0.75, anyway....
11
11

Help removing light bulb
I have a strip light in a cupboard. See (a bad picture): I cannot work out how to remove the bulb which has gone. The plastic clips at the end are screwed to the central portion from behind and I...
15
15

OT: Siemens sacks CEO..
. Siemens is preparing to remove chief executive Peter Loescher, following a series of profit warnings and operational mishaps that have sapped investors? confidence in the man who has led the German...
1
1

OT: getting cleggless at taxpayer expense
"?I am a Minister whenever I am here?.? Read more: Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook What a hoot.
1
1

Crazy garden taps
Yes, it's huge overkill - but it solves my gripes with garden taps (there are never enough) Got hand washing/bucket filling distinct from hose (which stays permanatly connected) and 3 take offs for...
33
33

PSU Voltage for PC Speakers with Subwoofer (Logitek (small))
Hi All, My daughters Logitek PC speakers are suffering from warranty expiration (I don't know if she's kept the receipt anyway). There is a "Subwoofer" (4" speaker in a 6" cube) and a pair of satelite...
11
11

Semi OT Latestbunch of idiots.
I could probably do a lot better than worms. I learnt a great deal about self-sufficiency in my hippie days. Colin Bignell
322
322