Subject Author Posted Replies

Microwave oven interferes with Alexa
We have our Amazon Echo Dot next to our built in microwave oven. Starting the oven stops the Echo picking up a wifi signal. Is this a sign of excessive leakage, or is it simply par for the course?
58
58

Electric/Electronic
Is it just me but does it upset anyone else when something that functions elctrically is called elctronic?
32
32

Midday Sundial curiosity
Back in January when we had a bright sunny day, I marked the position of the Midday shadow from my south-facing patio door jamb on the kitchen marley floor with some 2 inch wide blue masking tape....
20
20

Boiler “exercising”
Since the price of gas has gone up but I still have cheap rate electricity for a few hours at night I’m no longer using my boiler to heat my hot water. Consequently by boiler isn’t getting used at...
9
9

who remembers these?
21
21

Ludlow Kissels Dago bomb
Anybody know where I can get a Dago bomb ? ....

The Hidden Dividends of Stopping Population Growth
The Hidden Dividends of Stopping Population Growth by Kelvin Thomson, May 24, 2022, Overpopulation Project Most people concerned about rapid population growth are concerned about its impact on our...

Over voltage solar inverter shut down.
This afternoon I noticed there was no generation from my solar panels despite the sun blazing down. A quick check showed the incoming mains voltage had risen to 258 volts, 5 volts above the 253...
18
18

server cabinets
Free to anyone who wants them 2x full height (44U) server cabinets, front and rear doors, no sides. They have been disassembled some minor rust but otherwise ok. Bill

server cabinets
Free to anyone who wants them 2x full height (44U) server cabinets, front and rear doors, no sides. They have been disassembled some minor rust but otherwise ok. email me in reverse at moc dot s2f hat...
3
3

Gap between door casing and architrave - how to fill?
I've overboarded a wall and as such i've a half inch gap between the architrave and the door casing, internally. Gut feeling... Foam, trimmed when gone off then thumbed in a mm or two then sandable...
10
10

Fexible aerial lead.
My kitchen TV is mounted on a wall bracket and sited over the end of a peninsula unit. Pivot it one way when working in the kitchen end, the other when sitting down to eat, etc. Made a sort of loom to...
5
5

Energy cap to go up again in October
Just heard on the BBC radio news that the cap is going up to £2,800 in October. Ouch.
152
152

Re: gloss paint removal from leather furniture
Nooo. Power planer surely.
3
3

Re: lifting out fence panels from between two slotted concrete posts....
Vacuum/pressure treated timber tends to be a greenish colour (not sure if this is a hard and fast rule though) while dipped panels are just a brownish colour. even pressure treated timber will have a...
4
4