Subject Author Posted Replies

Lidl multimeter
I don't know if it's been in the UK stores yet, but I picked up this today. Not bad for the money - a definite cut above the normal cheap shit. It's not a Fluke, but for that money, do you expect one?
28
28

I wonder... Gutter discharging onto roof tiles
I'm probably being over cautious (it's what I do best!) (video of water discharging from 10m2 flat roof onto double-pantile tiles) If you look at 0:04, 4th tile from top (inc half tile at top) and...
14
14

Garden taps - completed
Just for fun: I've covered the pipework with brown "square" guttering. Quiz: How dod I fix it on? Hint - needs no tools to remove, except for an allen key to unscrew the Peglar valve tees. I learnt...
8
8

Replacing built in oven and hob and amtcing worktop
I need to replace the built in oven as the grill is not longer working correctly. The oven is standard 600mm wide, the hob is 580mm x 500mm but at the back of the hob is a vent for the oven also the...
2
2

Submersible heater ~60C
I nead a heater I can drop into a tank of water, approx 2 gallons, and get it up to about 60-65 deg C. Searching just brings up fish tank stuff, which would be fine if it got hot enough. Any ideas,...
8
8

sticky hooks
has anyone ever bought any sticky hooks that stay on. The ones I have just bought lasted two days before it fell off (holding up a tea towel) I have some heavy-duty replacement sticky pads that stay...
4
4

Dehumidifier recommendations?
I'm after a small dehumidifier. From what little I know about them I think compressor types are better, is this correct? It will be running much of the time so want something economical. Noise isn't...
37
37

Painting outside railings
I have some black painted outdoor railings. Where the wield joints are some rust is beginning to appear. I plan to wire brush the rust and then I have some phosphoric acid to treat it. Do I need to...
2
2

Odd woodworkers tool -mystery
The link didnt work so here is the pic:- Photobucket

Hooks
On set of hooks for bedroom doors in Inveran are now sitting on my desk here. Not bad considering they were ordered yesterday afternoon. Andrew
4
4

Recycling
We have three bins in our kitchen, one for food scraps, one for recycling (don't have to sort it, everything goes in one bag), and a third for 'general waste'. It occurs to me, that we throw out...
189
189

Totally OT
I nearly wet myself yesterday at the R4 interviewee who suggested that "Free Wifi" should be added to Maslow's hierarchy of needs. I am sure some here will enjoy the suggestion I'll get me Zimmer...
10
10

Petrol prices to go up again.
Sunshine is sill free. Fuel prices will go up by 4p a litre within weeks, motoring experts are warning. The increase will be due to rising crude oil prices and is certain to put renewed pressure on...
30
30

UV window film?
Having just taken delivery of a leather suite Im concerned about the affects of fading from our large patio south facing bay window. Any suggestions of a suitable window film to prevent fading?
1
1

What an idiot
Father watches in horror as his four-year-old daughter is killed when SIX breeze blocks fall on her while he tears down garden shed Father Karl Stonestreet, from Bath, Somerset, got his chisel stuck...
55
55