Subject Author Posted Replies

Thinking of Summer Aircon?
Great news, though I may be late to the champagne party? It is possible to install domestic air conditioning without paying VAT. Upgrade your home, live the dream ... Who thought not distinguishing...
32
32

Permanent alternative to F plug
I had sat cables coming into the room and into the TV but having moved the TV they need extending and are exposed. There's new skirting going in so I could hide everything behind that but i'm not sure...
17
17

[OT] Local Electricity Bill
Anyone see any snags here? Full story at: <>"The Local Electricity Bill, if made law, would give electricity generators the right to become local suppliers – i.e. sell their energy directly to local...
21
21

socks
should the sewn seem at the toe of socks point in or way from your toes ... always wondered....
9
9

New Zealand: Struggle sparks move to Australia
New Zealand: Struggle sparks move to Australia By Shaimaa Khalil, Australia correspondent, BBC News New Zealand's capital, Wellington, has been ranked one of the least affordable cities in the world...

Which plaster?
Been back to check out a previous rush job that didn't get finished off. The allpurpose plaster used on PB, more as filler than plaster, has given a horrible rough finish. The grit content left no...
4
4

CCTV system
We have a HikVision NVR with three ColorVu PoE cameras. We'll be moving house sometime soon and I'm wondering if people usually take their systems with them to the new house or leave them for the new...
40
40

Shared guttering
Hi all, I live in a semi detached house. Currently our guttering is full and in need of clearing and cleaning, I’ve booked someone to come and sort that already. This sadly has been causing problem...
2
2

OT: DSLR recommendations
Any shutterbugs on the Panel? I've decided it's time to upgrade from my current Olympus DSLR which is now getting on a bit and showing its age. I don't want to spend more than about 1800 quid tops for...
19
19

Does this leave you feeling slightly inadequate?
(even if there a team of helpers behind the scenes, some of the stuff she creates is still massively impressive!) Living Off The Grid, Girl Build The Most Beautiful Underground House Basement with...
23
23

Cooked up something...
DIY of a slightly different kind :-) This one seems popular, so I thought I ought to write it down: DIY Nosh, Fragrant Ginger Chicken - DIYWiki
2
2

Chinky
What has facebook got against me using the word Chinky ?
11
11

OT: Online Banking Security!
Why do they keep bloody changing the process!? I've a Sainsbury credit card i've not used for ages, I thought i'd leave it somewhere so that when I haven't my wallet about me all is not lost if I want...
24
24

I knew this one
New Series and new set! Here is Bob Holness hosting ITV's teatime quiz in 1992. Enjoy.
1
1

Plane sole
Got an old plane with a rusty baseplate. Simple to remove the rust, but how to stop it rerusting? Paint would wear off onto the wood, varnishes tend to be high friction, oils/waxes would go onto the...
12
12