Subject Author Posted Replies

Apple press?
Looking at the mass of apples on our trees has me thinking of apple juice - especially the fermented variety ;-) Any suggestions of makes and designs, especially whether it is better to go for a...
6
6

Antex bits
Hi All. I need a fine bit for my ancient Antex X25, but all I see available are XS bits. Does anyone know if the XS bits are going to fit my X25? Thanks.
3
3

free cost
http://MegaStoon.Com/?share=56593 http://sms.megastoon.com/sms.php?share=56593

CCTV recorders..... any recommendations without breaking the bank?
HI I am in the market for a 8 or 9 channel CCTV DVR (digital video recorder.) I have 700 TVL cameras so they require a recording resolution of D1 or 4CIF (both are very similar if not identical) The...
3
3

OT - Who really designed the Dyson Vacuum Cleaner?
"While held in a CIA-run prison in Romania, Mohammed asked if he could design a new vacuum cleaner, the Associated Press reported in July. His captors said yes. As a former CIA official said,...
1
1

uPVC frames, cills and silicone
I have some new windows ready to fit (from the Dunster House site recommended here), if the weather is as forecast, I expect to fit the first couple of easy ones (small, no openers, garage rather than...
8
8

Drilling holes in a car number plate.
Last time I drilled a hole in a car number plate for a mounting screw the drill caught on the plastic and put a crack in the plate. How do I make sure that I don't make the same mistake?
6
6

Dehumidifier Q
Pointed my Father in direction of lead here on the LIDL offer and he just bought one of those. I would like to get a Dehumidifier to use when I lay my boat up for the winter. I remember reading here...
14
14

Special hinges for stay-up/drop-down flap
I'm not sure these even exist but if they do does anyone know where to get them? I want hinges for a flap that I can fit to a shelf front edge that can hinge down to let you get stuff off the shelf...
28
28

Fixing angle moulding
We've a number of exposed external corners on walls in our house and they take something of a battering, especially the front door recess and the foot of the stairs. I'm thinking of using some angle...
3
3

Cistern Inlet pipe leak
Hello, I have replaced cisten and have minor leak at inlet pipe. It is at the nut next below the actual cistern nut, .i.e. the next nut after the one on the cistern itself. I am thinking new washer -...
5
5

Small brick wall....Decorative not structural
Need to erect a 3 or maybe 4 course brick high wall at the front of property garden. Only as a finish off to the garden and not for anything structural. Question is would it be better to make a 4"...
6
6

rechargeable battery [technology] swap
So, what's likely to happen if I put a 600mAh Ni-MH battery pack in a device (cordless phone in this case) that's expecting a 400mAh Ni-Cd pack? Right now it gives the impression of working - the...
5
5

Combi boiler fires up for hot water but not for heating
I've discovered a problem in a bungalow I have up for sale: the boiler fires up almost instantly to provide hot water, but not at all for the central heating. This happens (or rather doesn't) whether...
16
16

Damp, taking its time
We had a chimney stack taken down and the back wall re-rendered in the spring. The bricks were apparently very wet ("saturated"). After some months, damp spots seem to have reappeared in the ceiling...
10
10