Subject Author Posted Replies

Oxypilot advice
We have a gas fire in our lounge which we prefer to use in the evening, rather than fire the CH for the whole house. In the past year it has started cutting out after about 30 minutes. When relit it...
10
10

Fancy TRVs
I have some of these (The "Radio Exhaust" is actually a radiator bleeding device, and this combination is £10 cheaper than one without the freebie) No issues with batteries, and they seem to work as...
9
9

Collectors
I've heard of people collecting bricks, but this collection is even odder. RETIRED Richard Jones has it nailed on for what may be the world?s most boring collection - more than 3,000 nails.
26
26

Silicon or Wax best to keep the rain out ?
Have an old wax jacket (not a Barbour but a similar type copy from Aldi bought many years ago). Its done a good job for years, but needs re-proofing a bit on the shoulders and arms. I have some...
23
23

disk imaging software
In message , Jim Hawkins writes One of the problems of copying stuff from one disk to another is long filenames. In my case, these are usually saved HTML files of websites. Where a 'too long' file...
51
51

Diamond core drill bit - which drill?
Aldi have a diamond core drill bit set for £25. I only need to drill 2 holes for extractors so they'd pay for themselves. Thing is - I only have a hammer drill, and a cheap mains Lidl SDS. The...
12
12

garage drive lights
Are there any that can be turned on or off with a radio signal from a handset or from my Samsung Galaxy 2 ? Jim Hawkins
7
7

AC adapter
I've bought a garage door sensor from the US which has, as expected, come with a 110v AC/DC adapter. Input is shown as 120v - 60Hz - 0.06A and output as 12v - 100mA on a 3.5mm centre positive plug....
16
16

Washing Machine in Cellar: pumping waste
Looking to move the washing machine into a reasonably dry cellar, and need a method of pumping the waste. Looking at this: but the 60C might be a problem on the rare occasions we do a boil wash - I've...
18
18

Which booster pump for the shower?
Possible, but not permissible. Chris
22
22

water pressure pump
Hallo from Bulgaria. I have the same water pressure pump. The question is old but naw I saw it. The problem comes from valve in this modul: situation: If you are change hose and gun, the nozzle in new...

Wall warts seem to be taking over the world...
They are a problem. It have a switch to turn the lot off when not needed. Leaving them turned on is foolish.
68
68

electric showers
Hello, I want to install an electric shower in a new en-suite in a garden annex. Can anyone recommend, or steer me away, from any makes/models? Apart from the looks and any reputations, I presume I...
9
9

HD for a desktop
Have a second desktop PC which isn't much used - but is handy when needed. Is similar to my main one, having dual boot with two HDs - one XP, one Win7. Used it a few weeks ago and discovered the XP HD...
25
25

Flier from CPC
Am looking for a new HD or two for my desktop, and this caught my eye:- Desktop 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s Hard Drives FROM £42.95 (£51.54 inc VAT) And yes, it does appear to be 6Gb. Am I missing something?
19
19