Subject Author Posted Replies

Everlasting Oil
Ah, if only it were true... We'd still die of gassing ourselves, but we could at least do it in the warm. Viewzone Magazine offers a look at life and humanity from different angles. Fossils From...
26
26

Paint Matching
Hi, I need to do some touching-up work to some paintwork around the house but am having a 'mare matching the paint that the previous owners slapped on. Is there a more effective method to do this than...
2
2

Dymo
My fairly well used all-in-one Dymo labeller is jamming - and CPC have an offer on, 50% cash back (on certain models), and it occurred one which printed from the PC would be fine for most on my uses....
6
6

Volume of air through a hole - how to calc.
How do you calculate the volume of air passing through a hole, given the hole size and the pressure please? Lets say 0.3mm diameter, with a pressure of 30PSI.
17
17

CPC / WebFree
Just doing a CPC order and noticed they've got their Webfree banner up - no dates listed so grab it while you can, subject to terms and conditions and actually wanting something from CPC of course.
14
14

Recommendations for more powerful home WAP?
I've been running a Linksys WAP54G for years. It still works fine, but I'd like something with "more power" to give better coverage in the corners of the house & the garden. Any suggestions?
23
23

Energy costs
Not strictly correct, he was a minister in a Labour government, at the time when numerous people from every party and from outside politics were being asked to serve in a 'government of all the...
112
112

Neighbour's steps
My neighbour, having made the world's worst letter box out of bits of rough-sawn bits of fence timber attached to a concrete fence with a bent nail, has now decided to make his version of steps up a...
23
23

Recessed Downlights
I am really struggling to figure out how many spotlights I will need for my living room. I will be installing 240v mains downlights (50w) Room size is 3.37m x 4.50m. Height is low at 2.40m. Does...
12
12

Copper Clad Steel "CW1308"
> conductor resistance of
44
44

Silverline chain saw
I have a Silverline electric (mains powered) chain saw, purchased years ago. It still works well, but I see it is no longer listed by them. Anyone know why ? Jim Hawkins
6
6

GU10 lampholders - getting paint orf
Following up to my previous post about the wisdom (or lack thereof) of putting GU10 lamps in the dishwasher (now on a rad to dry out) What's the easiest way of getting the paint off these fittings? If...
10
10

Soakaway - attenuation cells
I'm doing two soakaways for rain water; both require 3 cells. I'm looking at the guidance on paving For 3 cells do I do them as line or can I do a pair and the third one at right angles ? There is...

Tip of the day
Don't put GU10 lamps in the dishwasher. They're not watertight. Don't ask me how I know...
18
18

Digital weather station
I have a Technoline weather station. The outdoor transmitter has been 'playing up' from time to time. Now it is not sending a signal and shows the reading OF.L (oC) which the manual tells me means...
6
6