Subject Author Posted Replies

sand/cement prices
Horrified at the prices for sand and cement at B&Q yesterday. Am I just out of date or has there been a 50% increase nationally? I just need a car load at a time so not in the bulk discount area. Is...
16
16

Re: The most beautiful sound in the world
Is when your drains are blocked and backed up with sewage and you're rodding them like billyo and suddenly you hear that marvellous slurping slooshing sucking gurgle that tells you that things are...
9
9

Central Heating Cleaner
I had some work done on my heating system - to fit a new radiator as part of an extension. Unfortunately I was out when the plumber finished his work and I cannot be sure he added corrosion...
10
10

[Completely OT] Problem with HTML
Greetings all. Completely OT, but knowing the vast range of knowledge here ... I have been running a web site for about 15 years. Hobby related, very, very basic HTML. Yesterday, I added a new page,...
18
18

Time to work the new wire cutters in
It's the Knipex 74 01 200. The old ones have done their stuff and the new ones arrived today. They might be the same cutters in name and number but they are not the same - the new ones are still sharp...
4
4

Li-on Button battery check and storage
I've jsut received some CR2032 batteries in the standard cardboard/plastic packing and a "best before" date of 2022. The batteries are spares which I expect to use over the next 2 to 5 years or so. My...
6
6

No good will come of it.....
Popped into a new build site today to drop off a handful of business cards to the sales office. Got chatting with one of the builders & asked him about walls etc. Outer skin brick, inner skin...
20
20

OT: Kwik Fit
What's the world coming to? I bought 3 new tyres from Kwik-Fit, and their price was significantly better than anyone else I could find, including BlackCircles. Fitting was all done competently, etc....
14
14

OT: Job creation at the jobcentre?
Wonder just how many extra staff will be needed to book in all those on JSA who will now be required to sign in every day? And what about those who can't walk to their sign in place? Will they be...
106
106

Bleach (OT)
Why does Domestos and similar products come in different coloured bottles when the product looks the same?
5
5

Shower tray flexing
I have a quadrant shower installed in an upstairs bathroom, the shower tray is plastic and in my opinion is not properly installed (not by me I might add). long story - but I'm looking to resolve the...
8
8

Cistern fill valve replacement
The flush mechanism on our close coupled WC has begun to fail so I set abou t replacing it, as I have done in another WC in the house, with one of the Fluidmaster button press devices. Not making the...
2
2

OT:Rant about old buildings
Having just returned from a "challenging" weekend with SWMBO at an "exclusive" hotel which involved bumping her wheelchair up and down any number of stupid little 3" little steps between various ares...
15
15

OT: This could make a few windmills redundant
The Triumph V8 engine was pretty unreliable. I had a Stag, but didn't have a problem. Wonderful handling, 17mpg Many Stag engines were changed for the Rover engine which was in fact a Buick and in a...
135
135

Independant heat for one room in the house
We have one cold room in the house - a north facing lounge. When the CH is on for the whole house this room is fine, but this time of the year it is chilly when the rest of the house is warm,...
26
26