Subject Author Posted Replies

Mole Grip sideways jaw movement
For some reason Travis Perkins have Irwin 10" mole grips for £6 at the moment. As I need one, that's what I bought. Yesterday. There's about 2mm side to side play in the jaws. Is that unreasonable? I...
5
5

d High-Speed Rail Plan
England’s Traffic-Clogged North Bitter Over Stalled High-Speed Rail Plan By Aina J. Khan, June 11, 2022, NY Times Mandy Ridyard, a director at Produmax, an aerospace factory in Bradford that makes...
3
3

Blocks not adhering with cement
Hi all The BBQ project is progressing with the main structure built. I am now building the chimney bit which involves laying a course of cut down blocks (90mm high) 30mm overhanging the row below....
8
8

Oven element connection
Main electric oven not working...... Pulled the oven out and an unattached connection to the element, looking closely it looks like it has overheated and burned. So I am thinking maybe the connection...
4
4

Garage floor paint.....
I've been given two brand new unused 5 litre cans of garage floor paint. Is painting the concrete garage floor paint actually worth doing or does it quickly wear off and flake off? Otherwise, I'll put...
4
4

Windows 7 updates, really?
My Windows 7 box this morning gave me a windows malicious software removal tool and another update. Its been years since I've seen anything other than anti virus/malware updates on this machine. What...
17
17

The Response Alarm
Has the Response Wireless company gone out of business, as none of their helpline numbers work.
1
1

Bandsaw
I bought one. How did I ever live without it? It's the most fantastic thing imaginable. Bill
11
11

Heat Store Dilema - Dropping C/H temp.
The multi-fuel heat store turned up and I've been busy these last 2 weeks chopping out and adding pipes etc but now have a slight confusion. The bedroom radiator circuit was originally fitted with...
2
2

Over engineered, or what?
I have just bought what is called a Lock n Level, which an inflatable gadget for levelling caravans side to side. Too my mind, it is massively over-engineered for the pressure, but I would be...
36
36

Very odd.
Pull switch in the outside loo was a bit sticky. Had a spare so decided to change it. Switched off the ground floor lights MCB and did so. The ceiling low enough at that point not to need a step...
32
32

Now I know what the fault was...
A couple of years ago the pressure washer I inherited from my father started to trip the mains. WTF, I thought, it wasn't that good anyway, so I cut the cable off and chucked it in a box, threw away...
3
3

any shed building experts?
I'm ready to start to build shed number 3. ( As fast as I build them they fill up. Murphy's law or sod's law) This one is to be 3.9m wide x 3.8m long x 2.4m wall height. I envisage making stud walls...
4
4

Small Businesses Struggle With an Increase in Cyberattacks
Small Businesses Struggle With an Increase in Cyberattacks By Lisa Ward, June 7, 2022, Wall St. Journal As small businesses have accelerated their adoption of new technologies for remote work,...
1
1

Is ALDI losing out to LIDL?
I used to enjoy trawling around in our local ALDI (Kingsbury, NW London) for DIY purchases, but have noticed less of those items are being stocked. Very few electrical items for instance. The non-food...
26
26