Subject Author Posted Replies

Paint: Great Mills
The Leyland I intended to use had all solidified, but there was a gallon of Great Mills silk vinyl emulsion in there. God knows where it came from - c ertainly not Great Mills. Anyway, I didn't want...
1
1

Have you installed and considered installing solar PV panels? Need help with a project.
Hi all, I am a third year student at the University of East Anglia researching the decision process behind why people choose to install or not install solar p hotovoltaic (PV) panels on their homes...
5
5

Off topic dont laugh :-)
Liveleak.com - No words can describe this easily.
3
3

Old CH, new (wireless?) stat?
Hi all, I'm trying to get the feel of the pros, cons and otherwise of a CH question for an elderly neighbour we keep an eye on. She has an existing and fully functional CH/HW system but there is no...
21
21

Paint Code for Honda Civic Alloys
Hi I have just purchased 4 alloy wheels which I intend to use with winter tyres. One of the rims requires some paint touch-up due to slight kerb damage. I am unable to obtain the correct paint code...
5
5

Thick as a Brick
Probably a daft question, but what's the best way to cut a brick in half ? I've got a brick fireplace in the new pad that I want to trim down to a mor e normal size. I don't fancy using a angle...
10
10

Wind power on a piece of string
A bit of a camp idea.. david engelhorn www.davidengelhorn.de d.engelhorn@gmx.de hochschule darmstadt Xarius

Telescopic air brick?
I'm need a couple of air bricks at the back of my house. The rear yard though is higher than the interior floor so a telescopic air brick would be required. What's the best way of putting these in?...
3
3

OT - saw my first solar farm
An enormous array of solar panels in a field. Around 52.352486,1.473284 although Google Maps still shows just a field. I was a little surprised as it is in pretty good farm land and I thought they...
17
17

Hearing aids.
I would like to persuade an elderly female relative to try a hearing aid. Are either of these likely to be any use: or There is an enormous price range for hearing aids. The more expensive ones are...
23
23

mouldable firebrick in a form?
I am enlarging a fireplace and will need a bigger throat-supporting lintel than usually available. Can someone tell me whether this can be made using mouldable firebrick (not firebrick mortar) inside...
5
5

Just a test
I'm having trouble posting here but not to other groups. So this is just a test. My apologies to all.

Dismantling Elu MHB90 Belt Sander (similar to DeWalt DW650)
Hi I have just obtained a MHB90 Type 4 Belt Sander and the motor seems to be seized. I took the main drive belt off and the rollers are quite free. I would like to dismantle the motor to see if there...
7
7

Heated Bathroom floor = cracked tiles ?
Some years ago we bought a new turnkey bathroom from a bathroom shop -(Think muppet show on skis) including an electrically heated bathroom floor. Within a few months the tiles (proper thick floor...
7
7

New BT Infinity connection - what is its look & feel
moving! New pad long ago had a BT connection. BT Infinity (fibre bband) is in the area. Please if I go BT, what do I get? (or am likely to get), viz: 1. Connection from house to street - Will this...
90
90