Subject Author Posted Replies

OT. Another snout in the trough
How does being a journalist qualify anyone for this job? Mail Online - M E Synon's blog
1
1

HWRC - Hmmmmm (Council / Legal type issue)
The local Household Waste Recycling Centre (Managed by subcontractors Gurney May)is bugging me.... The other week I drove past as I occasionally do to drop off a few plastic bottles and was met with a...
21
21

IT OT - ad blockers and browsers
I'm in a lose/lose situation at the moment. I was a long term user of Firefox but recently it has become unstable, and crashes running such things as Will It Rain Today. So I switched to Chrome as my...
10
10

Resealing a wrist worn GPS unit (Garmin Forerunner 305)
I've just had to pop the case of my old Garmin Forerunner 305 (pretty much following the instructions on this site ) . I'm at the reassembly stage and wondering what the best glue to reseal it would...

Register eco-stuff about gas and coal
Commenting on a Cap Gemini report. The thing that struck me was "Cheap gas in the USA has had a related consequence in Europe, the report notes. "With this low price, gas has replaced coal as fuel in...
12
12

EDF Freeeeze & NPower
Had a flyer with the post this morning from EDF pushing their new Blue + Price Freeeeze Mar 2017 tariff. No real information at all on the flyer like the standing charge or per unit cost. Wander off...
10
10

OT: new baby
Folks, I have to announce the arrival of my first child, a lovely little girl. My wife has lots of DIY lined up for me - changing nappies myself, wiping up sick, etc. 1. Will I be curtailed from doing...
38
38

Revitalising the Green Deal
Hoorah - "7 Make retrofit more financially attractive: Retrofit needs to be made more attractive, whether through the Green Deal or otherwise. Again, our recommendation is that the Government urgently...
17
17

Phone-off-hook indicator
Elderly people living on their own often have an emergency call system whic h is a button they can press that calls an ambulance service. For that to w ork, all phones in their house need to be on the...
37
37

sealing & terminating a virgin cable connection
Thanks for helpful answers to previous posts, it now decided BT is the way to go for b/band once I have moved. That means an existing internal Virgin box connection needs moving & sealing to protect...
11
11

Cutting Gas Bill but now damp smell
Small terraced house where the south facing kitchen and living room have been knocked into one space, leaving one front room separated by a closing door. To cut down on the horrendous gas heating...
12
12

Sill height?
Am I right in thinking that the "sill height" of a window as measured from the floor is not actually the height of the top surface of the sill but of the bottom of the visible glass? I'm trying to...
7
7

Printer fault
Have a fairly old Cannon i865 printer. Only gets used for colour stuff as I have a mono laser too. Was printing off a short instruction manual with some colour pics and the colour part was a bit...
14
14

lathe metalwork
Hi all, Just wondering has anyone had cause to attempt to turn an internal morse taper on a lathe? If so, how much more difficult is it to turning an external one? Given the horrendous price of...
5
5

waste pipe adaptor
Hi gang, Is there such a beast as this? I need an adaptor to convert from a push-fit 1.25" waste elbow to a 1.25" solvent waste elbow. So basically the connector I'm looking for will be essentially a...
7
7