Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Coffee grinders
[Since I'm in the neighbourhood, and people in this group know almost everything...] I've been given a very large bag of coffee beans. I have a cheap, old electric grinder, but ideally I'd like one...
12
12

Phone headsets
Not quite DIY although I will be plugging it in myself! Has anyone tried any of the cordless headsets that can handle multiple phones? (wired and bluetooth). Any recommendations? What I am looking for...
13
13

tips on mount cutting?
Hi all We have a nice print which I'd like to mount in a decent picture frame. This means cutting some mount board at 45degrees, with nice sharp edges etc. I've done this semi-successfully some years...

damp in loft
Just been in the loft to get some baby clothes (wife was convinced it was g oing to be a boy ...) and I noticed there was *some* damp. Just a bit of co ndensation on the angle iron shelving, plastic...
10
10

OT VM SUperhub and routers
Asked here because there is still intelligent life here. The superhub does 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz wifi but not at the same time. I have a need for both. So using the hub in normal mode on 5Ghz , can I use...
11
11

Refix slate slips around wood burner?
Hi, The top slate slip has come loose above our inset wood burning stove. What would be the best stuff to use to refix it in place. I'm guessing I will have to try to remove some of the existing...
2
2

[OT] HP Microserver cashback - gone?
Seems the £100 cashback (or whatever it was) is gone. Is it likely to come back? I have a feeling this cashback went on forever - but I'm not sure if HP randomly pull it then reannounce it later......
41
41

Finishing a plasterboard external edge.
As part of the bathroom refurb, I'm putting up a false studwork wall around a chimney breast - the chimney breast curves in on the top 1/3 and it needs to be flat for the shower to go against. A lot...
7
7

Metal railings
Can anyone recommend somebody to supply some bespoke metal railings? I'm looking for something like the railings in this photo: Needs to be a company who can supply the Cambridge area and won't cost...
13
13

Bloody EDF
I signed up with EDF about 4 months ago and using my previous consumption data for gas and leccy, they came up with £90 per month on a fixed to Feb 2015 tariff. I was happy with this. Now having read...
12
12

Valley gutter: Trying to think of a neat solution
Sorry, but this has turned into a long one (ooerr vicar). My place has a coach house, aka a 2 storey garage, which is paired with a similar structure next door. The two roofs have a valley between...
10
10

road marking quality flourescent paint
Where can one get the proper stuff ? All the ads I can find are for tiny pots of toy-quality stuff. Jim Hawkins
7
7

How to cut a channel in stony ground
I want to bury a water pipe in my garden. Ideally the pipe should be 6" to a foot deep. It will contain a cable rather than water so freezing is not an issue. The ground I want to go through contains...
12
12

Was: Old CH, new (wireless?) stat? Now: TRVs and timer battery.
Hi all, ... Following on from my first enquiry / thinking out loud / trying to help an elderly neighbour get some control over her central heating ... I've previously swapped her Potterton Netaheat...
6
6

OT Where to park?
I need to get some beer in before the England Poland football match. Now the question. Should I park in the disabled bay, the low emmission bay or the mother and child bay?
111
111