Subject Author Posted Replies

Lawnflite 703 Autodrive mower PTO clutch slipping, ping Harry
I remember there was a discussion here a few years ago about the PTO on Harry B's mower, with regards the clutch that powers the blade belt slipping. Mine has started doing the same in the last couple...
3
3

XLPE HiFi mains lead. Bargain at £1000 for 1 metre
Is there any advantage of XLPE insulation over bog standard PVC ? is, this winter lots of living rooms might get down to 5 centigrade, at which point XLPE becomes brittle (?correct), so for some it...
11
11

Let's see if that makes everyone happy?
Following on from the plug fuse thread, how about: Choosing a plug fuse - DIYWiki
13
13

Planning a floor mounted wall unit
I decided that in order to make the drawers myself I would need more tools so I looked for ready built or flat pack. I couldn't find many sources but their dimension descriptions had me puzzled. As...

DIY and nuclear strike on the UK
https://worldradiohistory.com/UK/Mapelin/Maplin-Electronics-1987-09-11.pdf Maplin geiger counter – Richard Mudhar
5
5

Selling second hand furniture
I need to clear the contents of a fully furnished house that I am selling. It seems to be impossible to sell most of the items. Offering them on e-bay etc just attracts automated responses from people...
49
49

OT Brain dead again
I unlocked a padlock, gave the padlock to the apprentice and told him to close the gate and lock it after I had driven through. Which side of the gate do you think he was at when he locked it?...
9
9

Actual moles, not mole grips
I have a mole digging up the lawn. I thought he might go away in the warmer weather, but he's still here. We had a mole until about 20 years ago, then there was some building work nearby, and he made...
13
13

The old caravan we moved from Bristol to Yorkshire
And many thanks for the advice given on this group about towing an old beast. It has now been restored. It made it's first show appearance at Newark Retro festival last weekend.
13
13

Matching a trailer plate to indesponsion unit
Hi all, sorry this isn't house related, but it's still DIY in terms of the work. I need to replace the Indespenion units on my trailer. The new ones all seem to be a standard size with mounting holes...
15
15

When they turn up and fit what they're given
... council workmen to a minor error in specification, the bedroom window with escape opening casement has become a front door. Owain File:IMG 20220616 160659.jpg - DIYWiki
15
15

The gasman calleth...
Got transferred to Shell when my supplier failed. They keep on nagging me to get smart meters fitted, so OK. I have to read them every month, and the gas one in the cellar tricky to read due to being...
17
17

Air Cooler
I was scrabbling around looking for a fan at 1:30 this morning, found the tall oscillating one but the base broke off when I picked it up :-( Are these air coolers that take water or frozen ice blocks...
13
13

windoz 10
WTF has that list windows update done to my computer?
15
15

OT: How does this scam work, then?
I've received several emails over the past few months which say things like "This is a reminder that Invoice invoice number is now overdue. As per my Terms and Conditions, a late payment fee will...
3
3