Subject Author Posted Replies

Yellowing white gloss payout
See or shorter Anyone else want to get a claim in ? John Margerison, 72, applied Dulux brilliant white gloss throughout his Leeds home to eight doors and frames, skirting boards and stair areas. John...
2
2

Amtico and white spirit
Anyone know whether white spirit will get paint off Amtico without attacking the stuff itself? Or possibly that blue liquid they sell in Homebase for cleaning brushes? The paint in question is Dulux...
5
5

You know you are getting old when..
Digital timer EF700ET setting proves to be beyond the capability of your brain:-( We have one controlling a heat recovery system in a rented out flat. The tenants complained of mould on the walls so I...
8
8

Queries
Do other people detest sites like and Ask Jeeves ? There's nothing more infuriating to me than entering a question in the likes of Google and getting responses from sites like and Ask Jeeves. Instead...
20
20

Coloured Silicone Sealant
I need some coloured silicone to stick and seal some oak block appearance worktop upstand to the worktop. I have yet to see any in the shops so I think I need to mail order some. However, I am not...
5
5

Curing fire cement - temperature ?
I've having to re-build the baffle plate for my oil central heating boiler. The original plate was, I'm told, a fibre glass material and has broken u p. I've been given a sheet of one inch thick...
4
4

High Grab Adhesives
What is considered to be the best gunnable adhesive ? Gripfill, Sticks like Sh**, Unibond MegaGrip, ? Previously I had decided on Pink Grip ?.. seemed pretty good, but more Indoor .. Wood to drywall,...
3
3

OT: sharing photos online solutions
I'm looking for something I can set up where myself and one or more other people can select photos on our devices and share them with the others, with all the devices (Windows & Android) having the...
8
8

Good service
Just thought I'd share a recent experience with a company (slidingrobesdirect) who provide sliding doors and accessories. The guides and rollers on a "Stanley" sliding door in our house had broken and...
5
5

floor board joints
The floor board ( chipboard) upstairs have gone soft at the joints. house is 1980 vintage. any suggestions as to best cure/ what to do
13
13

Bathrooom silicone: which one?
The silicone strip I put on the bottom edge of our shower cubicle last year is peeling off[1]. I'm really fed up of going to a shop these days and finding a completely bewildering selection of...
10
10

Energy Prices
On the box today. National Audit Office says energy prices are to rise for next seventeen years. I wonder where they get the seventeen years from? Why not eigthteen? Better buy more celotex and LED...
78
78

[OT] Alarm clocks
Does anyone make a decent one any more? My definition of decent is: 1) LED or VFD - LCD is crappy and hard to read; 2) MSF ("radio controlled") or possibly DCF (German) if the signal gets this far. 3)...
28
28

good nasal spray?
Is there a good nasal decongestant spray these days ? Jim Hawkins
17
17

25 year old 100mm thick fibreglass insulation... keep or replace?
I have a house that currently has 100mm thick itchy fibreglass insulation in the loft which was put in 1988 when the house was built. I have bought 8 rolls of 170mm ecose insulation to add as a second...
18
18