Subject Author Posted Replies

Freezer with rust spots
It's about 10 years old and the door has rust spots -lots of them. I assume the insulation on the door has failed and I would be better off buying a new freezer for around £150 than trying to repair...
6
6

unsubscribe
Most - but not all - websites of commercial companies have an 'unsubscribe' button on their advertising postings. Even when there is one, it may be difficult to find, or have no detectable effect. Or...
16
16

Hot water cylinder heat exchanger efficiency - reheat time?
Anyone have any pointers to hot water cylinder heat exchanger efficiency data? I will probably have a new boiler installed in the spring. I will retain a vented hot water cylinder. I am looking at...
34
34

Restoring drop-leaf table
I've got a solid wood drop-leaf table which has been shamefully mistreated for the last 20 years. It's mostly a dark brown colour, but in heavily used areas the colouration has been stripped away. Any...
14
14

Gettinng rid of old varnish
Spent most of Saturday and a good bit of Sunday morning trying to strip some architrave. I normally wouldn't bother but this stuff is original and about 8 inches wide so would be hard to replace....
21
21

Re-gluing old knife handles
My wife is asking about restoring two old silver knives where there is now a gap between the handle and the blade. Sometime in the past I've picked up that this type of handle is held on with brown...
10
10

Cable rating for insulated blockwork
I'm in the process of adding some thermal insulation to the single leaf wall of a utility room. The existing power sockets are wired as a radial circuit with 2.5mm^2 T&E fed from a 20A MCB. I'll be...
2
2

LED drivers
I want to convert an IP rated shower downlight to LED - currently its 12v M R16 so new LED driver and LED bulb required? Screwfux have 2 drivers £15 odd or £16 odd ?!! Toolsatan similar... Anyone...
7
7

Anyone Can Do Currency Trading with Our Custom-made Forex Robots.
just a warning to anyone thinking about getting involved in such trading, DONT do it! Often these companies will monitor your trades, work out what your strategy is and then use that knowledge to bet...
1
1

shower cubicle threshold....
They cut ok with a fine toothed handsaw, and plane nicely with a power plane (giving a surprising buttery smell IME), I'd expect them to route OK if you could find one that had enough solid PVC...
10
10

Replacing downlighters with pendant lights, anyone done it?
In an earlier comment I remarked that I've never been a fan of downlighters, having grown up in the 1950s to the dim, but welcome glow from a pendant lamp hanging from the ceiling. Downlighters are...
68
68

re-building child's play centre
Conduit is usually seamed which is bad news for outside use I imagine. Brian
20
20

Room thermostat recommendation
Hi all, I've decided it's time to fit a room thermostat to my central heating for a bit of improved control, but I've no idea which type is compatible with my boiler, which to give it its full title...
3
3

'Jacking up' oak framed bunk - sourcing materials
Morning all, I'm looking to turn my daughter's bed (one part of a separated bunk) into a high sleeper. The frame is painted hardwood - Oak I think - with the upri ghts finished size of 55 x 55....
4
4

6kg fire extinguishers @ Aldi
On Sun Aldi are doing 6kg fire extinguishers for £19.99 NT
21
21