Subject Author Posted Replies

Google Earth
Review by a septic of Google Earth that's actually on the Google Play site. " Jack Glick ...O.k. Live look would be essential such as what is currently in my driveway not a picture from years ago....
3
3

Large solar array in Somerset
Coming back from Devon this afternoon I saw a large solar panel array alongside the A303 in Somerset. Ilminster area I think. I think it is quite recent. Hundreds and hundreds of panels covering...
48
48

Gas cooker repair or recommendations for replacement pleease
Arrived home this evening to be informed that our gas oven is not working. Cooker is a Cannon Winchester 10395G free standing. About 10-12 yrs old. Mains powered push-button ignition to hobs & grill,...
1
1

Bathroom plastic cladding
Has anyone used this for bathroom walls rather than tilies, its like a double wall poly plastic stuff. Is it worth considering? Bathroom Cladding Direct | Bathroom Cladding Direct
4
4

LED light power units
I'm looking for a low cost power supply to give me 12v at 10 amps. A bit more than a standard car battery charger and wondered about the supplies sold for LED lighting such as Anyone played with these...
12
12

Hot V Cold Fill washing Machines
Came across this link when looking at previous thread but didn't get round to posting it. Also follow embedded ink on smells slime and black mould. If you are wanting to know whether you should buy a...
20
20

Stud Wall insulation
Hello all, I have got some spare 40mm Celotex sheets left from a previous project and was wondering if there would be any benefit gained in using them for the stud walls in the converted loft. The...
9
9

OT. Of interest to geeks.
The fascist USA. Lavabit - Wikipedia
7
7

OT; Strictly Come Dancing
Interesting to note that Strictly beat Dr Who in the viewing figures. SWMBO & I are both Strictly fans. On my part, it has nothing to do with the scantily clad fit women gyrating about. However, one...
37
37

Filled downpipes or waste pipes as shed bearers?
Helping erect a small (6x4) shed on Wednesday. Base in place but no suitable timber as bearers. I do have though loads of 68mm downpipe and 32mm waste. Could either be used as bearers if packed with a...
2
2

Putting a garden on the roof
Let's say, some nice paving stones, and some soil and plants. It doesn't need an engineer's calculations does it?
23
23

Getting slate machined & Perspex fabrication
In my old age, my interest in analogue hi-fi is returning (+), and since I've been offered a Garrard 301 turntable (*), I thought I might make (or at least, have made) a plinth for it. I was thinking...
23
23

OT: ITV Player
Anyone know where ITV Player streams the video from? Something in the many layers of advert blocking I run stops it from working. We missed the last few minutes of the final episode of Whitechapel...
6
6

Putty removal
Our front door has nine funny-glass panes that we want to replace. The wood partition between the panes on the putty side is very thin, dimensions about 18mm x 4mm. I don't know how to remove the...
6
6

Curtain rail - corded or not?
We have a difficult window to curtain. It's deep and relatively narrow. The reveal is 16 cm deep and absolutely square sided. The window (traditional Scottish sash) is near enough 100 cm wide, 140 cm...
6
6