16th Edition Zoning

Hi all

Based on the 16th Edition

Does a cable chased vertically into the wall to supply under cabinet kitchen lights qualify as being in a "safe zone"?

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Ah, fond memories :-)

If it rises vertically from the luminaire, yes. Not sure in the case of a horizontal striplight if the entire width of the spriplight counts as safe zone.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

If there is an accessory[1] within the vertical zone occupied by the cable, then yes.

[1] Which might include one of the lights or possible the cable exit from the wall if that is obvious and visible - bit of a grey area but I would be happy with it.
Reply to
Tim Watts

I would not have a problem with the cable coming out of the wall forming a safe zone.

Reply to
ARWadsworth