16th Edition testers

I wish to buy a 16th Edn multi-tester, ideally a fluke 1653 or something equivalent. Can anyone tell me where the best place to shop for Test instruments, or another newsgroup that deals with electricians test & measurement equipment?
Thanks
On 26 Jan 2004 20:23:48 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (John Horne) wrote:

Best options I've seen in recent months have appeared on ebay.
PoP
On 26 Jan 2004 20:23:48 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (John Horne) wrote:

I've just been looking for pat testers, all the online stores are pretty much similar priced. www.isswww.co.uk seem marginally cheaper than the others. I would imagine 16th ed. testers are on a par comparitively. Other than that I buy them from whichever wholesaler is giving me the best discounts at the time.
SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

Alpha Electronics get to test a lot of our gear...
www.alpha-electronics.com
They sell the stuff too, but the 1653 looks a little pricey - haven`t looked elsewhere for comparison though :-}
...its 50 cheaper here...
http://isswww.co.uk/productdetail.aspx?id=2213
-- Please add "[newsgroup]" in the subject of any personal replies via email * old email address "btiruseless" abandoned due to worm-generated spam * --- My new email address has "ngspamtrap" & @btinternet.com in it ;-) ---

Glanford are having a sale http://www.glanfordelectronics.com/Robin.html

They come up regularly on Ebay, although some fetch silly money.
--
*I like cats, too. Let's exchange recipes.

I got an digital RCD tester and digital earth loop impedence tester from eBay for 100 quid each, including fresh calibration certificates. I got my digital megger/continuity for 30 quid from someone who thought it was a faulty temperature meter that gave him an electric shock! It is cheaper to get separates than an all in one. Also, you have less to lose if one goes faulty/missing/stolen. However, they obviously don't tend to have download options and certificate printing software, if these facilities are important to you.
Christian.