Subject Author Posted Replies

Fats Waller: "Your Feet's Too Big"
It's one of my favourites. I can't find a recording of it anywhere Anyone got a recording of it to share or sell? Jim Hawkins
12
12

How best to heat a house with electric only?
I've inherited a small cottage. Don't want to sell it, can't live in it yet. Intention is to let it for a while. There is no heating other than an open fire which is prone to filling the place with...
38
38

OT: Another offshore wing farm bites the dust
What with the government discouraging any more on-shore wind farms, and commercial firms backing out of offshore arrays for various reasons, it seems that the prospects for much new wind generating...
54
54

Funny plumbers
Plumbers do actually have a sense of humour! Recently sighted vans; "Plumb & Plumber". And the all female "Here Plumb the girls".
13
13

underfloor heating for a kitched - withour removing the kitchen units?
Hi all, I have a kitchen in which there is virtually nowhere to site a regular radiator. I just wondered if it would be feasible to install underfloor heating, just where the floor is exposed. I'd...
42
42

****ing tradesmen ...
In article , Jethro_uk writes What a ridiculous overreaction, you've yet to have the tradesman back for a fault finding visit and you're already looking to sue his ass off. Please do go ahead and...
15
15

I love my Miele but...
Bulb in swmbo's Miele integrated microwave blew. Pull the whole caboodle ou t of the cupboard. Remove about 10 screws and slide off the outer sleeve to gain access to the bulb. This has to be a bad...
29
29

Central Heating run time
I have often thought it would be useful for monitoring purposes to be able to see how many hours the central heating is running for on a day by day basis. This would show the effect of thermostat...
8
8

OT:IP Camera problem
Just purchased an(other) no-name IP camera from Amazon. The first I got last year has been great - well worth £30. Anyway this one is slightly different. I never use the IE OCX, just the cameras own...
4
4

Bouncy Joists
We've got a 1984-built extension in the house we've just bought. We've noticed that the joists are a bit bouncy. Someone who I won't name has suggested that the joists are 4x2 and are in imminent...
27
27

RCA to HDMI - this simple?
The kitchen TV has been showing signs of increasing illness and yesterday it sadly died, its internal fuse had blown. I pulled it apart to take a look, replaced the fuse and found the screen driver...
11
11

B&Q's colour matching of paint
Usually they're fairly accurate, but I just bought 5 litres whose colour is almost exactly correct when first applied, but which then dries to a much lighter shade. Usually emulsion paint *darkens* as...
12
12

Pipe connection
I wish to fix a 100mm plastic pipe into a garden vac to enable using a trai ling hose. The opening exists in the Vac,'s plastic (?) shroud and I have a short length of plastic pipe to make the...
9
9

OT Government caugth fiddling deficit figures
Deficit is twice as big as government admits. http://www.cityam.com/article/1386812628/deficit-185bn-not-90bn-committee-mps-warn
7
7

Cheap Chinese LEDs - an update
Of the first two 7W dimmable PAR 38s, one has just failed, after ten months of being on every evening for hours on end. Still, that's a 50% failure rate. Not much chance of a refund there. Of the...
14
14