Subject Author Posted Replies

Max HDMI length.
At the moment I have a SCART cable running from the PVR in the sitting room to the TV in the kitchen, via a DA. Allows you to watch recorded things in the kitchen etc. The kitchen TV is on its last...
20
20

Are Acova Cala towel rads always crap?
I fitted a small (500x720) white Acova Cala towel rad a few years ago and have just removed it because the paint was flaking-off. Was this a rogue or are they all the same? (I fitted some other "no...
8
8

Pah, leaky solvent waste joint
Installed the waste pipe for the new bath today - solvent weld. Testing it all out I find I've got a little leak (a drip every 10 seconds type thing) on one elbow joint. Not had a leaky solvent weld...
26
26

Sorry!
I have no idea why my posts are appearing twice - sorry. My PC is being a tart.
18
18

Sending video's
Took 3 x videos on my smart phone today, intending to send them to a building owner. They are 109, 110 & 131 MB and I can't send them because "The size of the message you are trying to send exceeds...
18
18

removing old tile adhesive from metal shower door surround-- how to?
any tips for getting some dregs of tile adhesive off a nice shiny (lacquered I think) metal shower door frame? Background:- tiles used to butt up against the frame so its been tiled upto and probly...
5
5

Replacement conservatory
20 year old conservatory is about to fall down. Was supposed to be Mahogany but turned out to be 'Phillipines' mahogany. AKA rubbish.On top of which i t was badly designed and badly constructed....
9
9

Denon service manual needed
Anyone here have a good source (free if possible) for a service manual for a Denon RCD-M37 CD receiver I would like to fix. I know at least one of you has audio industry experience. I suspect it's...
3
3

Record time for a new apprentice getting a bollocking
10 minutes before he started his first shift:-)
6
6

Insulating inaccessible loft space
We have a not-very-deep loft over a kitchen extension that needs some more insulation. The extension has a single pitch roof supported by a very deep purlin with hangers connecting the purlin to a...
10
10

T4 vs T5 kitchen cupboard fluorescents
TLC supply two types of under cupboard fluorescents These using T5's and these using T4's The T4's listing saying they have electronic ballasts and are supplied with 4000k triphosphor tubes rather...
4
4

Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. (Eggborough to be closed)
Just seen on the news, Eggborough power station (2000 MW of generating capacity) is likely to be closed because the government has decided to ration the grants that would make Biomass fuel practicable...
8
8

Microsoft Word
I see Microsoft are wanting 110 for a copy of Word 2013. I want to update my Word 2003 - but not at that price. Can you still get the versions between 2003 and 2013 ? Jim Hawkins
72
72

OT: "Wind costs four times as much in the UK"
"A damning report from the Policy Exchange urges the government to hold the wind industry to its pledge to slash costs by the end of the decade. UK families are paying £95 per MWh for onshore wind,...
7
7

Lifting loft flooring
Very large loft is all floored with standard loft boarding. 2/3 of which of the boards are nailed down, at least 4 nails per sheet, using what looks like 4" nails with minimal to no insulation...
17
17