Subject Author Posted Replies

a million homes with solar panels by 2015
(you have to read the content to find the prediction ) tim Half a million UK homes will have solar panels installed on their roofs by the end of this year and industry claims it could reach one...
10
10

Is a damp cellar OK?
Just looking at a house... Is is OK for a cellar to be damp? Obviously it's underground so water is going to get in.. Does it matter? Damp to touch. Paint bubbles off the walls. Plasterboard on...
6
6

Anti Surge Plug for Computer
My computer is presently connected to the mains via a Masterplug multiway socket extension. This has a built-in surge protector, with a green light showing when the protector is functioning. This...
15
15

Climate change: what does anyone make of this?
TNP, JJ, Terry should take a look.
18
18

OT: Transferring a large file between 2i iPads [RESOLVED]
As suggested here - I spoke to the IT people at the school who agreed to let the girls install Dropbox on both iPads. 10 mins later the file was transferred. Thanks again.
2
2

OT: And finally . . . .
A couple have been sending a Christmas card to my Mum's place for the last 20 years, not to her, just to some unknown name at her address. Over the years the writing has got more and more spidery so...
26
26

Thermostat for electric blanket?
Hi all, Many years ago, I had an electric blanket with a thermostat built into the in-line switch, which had a rotary dial via which you could selct your desired cut-off air temperature. It seemed...
3
3

Outside temperature sensor opinions
Hi. I am in the process of completing a home-brew central heating controller which will be able to measure the temperature outside of the house as well as in 3 rooms inside. Our house faces...
16
16

Idiot marking on 'cream pot'
How about this for a stupid message on a food container: Elmlea Whipping Cream "Lasts Longer Once Opened" So why don't they leave them open on the supermarket shelves :) AWEM
5
5

How much is a pair of glasses?
How much is a pair of glasses over here or would i be better off going to w hat used to be Yugoslavia? The prices can be silly. You can get standard reading glasses from a market stall for a pound or...
70
70

Lighting a gas pipe
No it wasn't me. It's the person posting as bod in here. What is the group's opinion on this? "That reminds me of the time that my mate and me were installing C/Heating in an empty flat. It was way...
57
57

Windscreen scratch
Any suggestions? First frost and I went in the garage for de-icer and a rubber squeegee. I picked up one I had used for grouting. I rinsed it under the tap - but not well enough. I managed to put some...
3
3

Leaking Flat roof where joins roof tiles
I have a dormer window with a flat roof above then roof tiles. When ever we get strong wind and rain from a particular direction I get water coming in to the bedroom. I have decided this is because...
1
1

Tiling: adhesive to the floor or the tile?
In the case of ceramic floor tiles, is it really such a bad thing to butter the tiles individually rather than floating out a layer of goo on the base to be tiled? I only have a 2 square meter area to...
15
15

Toolstation advert
Got sent an email with this: An interesting collection of comments!
16
16