Subject Author Posted Replies

Outstanding service from Toolstation
Around lunchtime yesterday (Sunday) I bought a Toolstation mortar gun from my local branch. When I got home I discovered that one item - a plastic nozzle, one of three - was missing from the box, and...
1
1

Plunger advice
Which of these is better? Shop online at ASDA Groceries. The same great prices as in store, delivered to your door or click and collect from store. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220977861717
47
47

Under the bath 'out of scope'?
I am trying to find a way to move a shower booster pump from the airing cupboard to the space underneath the bath. This will undoubtedly require some wiring additions under the bath, since the pump is...
11
11

Hot water fails to continue to arrive...
In the bungalow we moved into last month there is an indirect cold water system, a Brink warm-air central heating system, and a HW tank fitted with 2 immersion heaters which supply all the property's...
26
26

Sky dish installation/alignment
What does the d=49.8 and h=21.5m mean? Satellite Map showing you how to get satellite tv or satellite broadband Satellite Map showing you how to get satellite tv or satellite broadband
12
12

OT - Sky broadband users
Sky are offering a free wireless broadband hub to replace their old routers. There's a time limit. http://www.sky.com/shop/offers/wireless-booster/
7
7

M-Vision HD-200 Combo satellite receiver.
Have one of these which died. The usual cap problem in the SMPS. Now fixed, with all voltages ok. The satellite receiver now works, but the FreeView one only sort of does, showing low signal level...
4
4

running external CAT5e parallel to buried SWA?
Hi All I have a length (15m or so) of 4mm SWA providing power to my garage. It 's currently just running on the surface (naughty I know), near to the neig hbour's fence (concrete posts + fence...
27
27

dummies guide to understanding routers OT
Recent advice in the *mixed blessing* thread has reminded me how little I understand about the workings of my router. The discussion on my recent telephone line outage and the subsequent re-training...
39
39

Painting advice
Just about to paint some window lintels and reveals but wondering how best to prepare the corners where the uPVC frames meet the masonry - presume there's some sealant underneath and the paint is...
8
8

OT Guardian Science Funnies
Guardian has an unusually good collection of broadly science-based jokes - some even seem fairly new! There are many more in the pages of comments... A few samples: A statistician is someone who tells...
45
45

B&Q occassionally cheaper in bulk than Screwfix?
I would expect SF to always be the cheaper, but there's few inexplicable di fferences I've come across on bulk items. For instance Ronseal Diamond Hard floor varnish: 9321 £36.99 for 2.5 litres...
13
13

12v up to 24v inverter
I'm looking to make or buy a device which will allow me to power for a brief test run some 24v side and brake lights on a vehicle from a 12v supply. The vehicle might have LEDs, or conventional bulbs,...
20
20

DPM beneath fibreboard and laminate?
I'm about to lay laminate flooring in a ground floor room. Room has a suspended timber floor with cellar beneath. The existing floorboards are tongue/groove in reasonable condition. The cellar isn't...
5
5

Tenerife Explosion
Reports are suggesing a Flammable Gel used to keep the buffet warm was the cause of the explosion. What would this be?
3
3