Subject Author Posted Replies

Holiday guide book for England
Can anyone recommend a comprehensive and up-to-date holiday guide book to England ? Jim Hawkins
15
15

D-I-Y innersoles
Some recently bought work boots are a bit on the big side. Is it still possible to buy just one or two of those cork floor tiles anywhere? Since I could cut them down to act as inner soles? Also I'm...
6
6

Amazing Amazon
Last week, I ordered something from Amazon with free (3 - 5 working days)delivery at 10am on Wednesday, it turned up at 1pm Thursday. This week, I ordered something on late Thursday afternoon, it...
19
19

Application of Carbide Grit to take wear
Would anyone know of a paste or simiar, that could be applied to some slippery steps in a very 'well-used' public domain. Which would contain something like a carbide grit, to make the steps...
7
7

Dusk to Dawn switch question
I don't suppose anybody's got a copy of the instructions for a Paget Trading 9158 switch? Regards Syke

Pointing stonework help please
there a recommended mix ratio, sand to cement for pointing stonework please? Q.2. There's a bonding solution, that you apply to brick and stone, which helps the mortar stick. Can anyone remember the...
6
6

4 pin male connector
I'm trying to identify a male connector for a GSM device. It looks like a square Molex and has a clip on the top but the plug end is only 5mm square. I wonder if it could be an ATX 4 pin male plug but...
5
5

OT Musings.
Someone sent me this. GREAT TRUTHS 1. In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams 3. Suppose you...
8
8

Scroll saw recommendations?
I quite fancy having a bash at something like: However, I will need a decent scroll saw. Anyone got one they would recommend? http://www.lisaboyer.com/Claytonsite/simplicitypage1.htm
14
14

Nuclear power: hard to believe
After decades of having an industry crippled by multiple suppliers and reactor designs, we are heading for three different suppliers and three different designs (although at least they are ones which...
1
1

Laser levels for tiling a room....
I am about to tile all of the walls in a c shaped room from floor to ceiling. I am therefore in the market for a decent but good value laser level so I can mark the walls with a perfectly horizontal...
62
62

Smart thermostats
Can't help but being intrigued by these wifi based programmable thermostats as covered here: Clearly, their profile has been raised by the 'Hive' adverts and Google's purchase of Nest. With a rambling...
15
15

4 way bulb adaptor
Yep, why stick with 2 way? Rated to 1kW in a small plastic fitment. Apparently. NT
3
3

Aluminium elements
Elsewhere, someone has just claimed that fan-assisted ovens have aluminium elements. My immediate reaction was "Of course they don't". But then I realised that I really don't know what the elements...
11
11

internal angles on stair handrails...
what's the procedure/technique for measuring & cutting handrail joints for stairs at internal corners that are "on slope"/ inclined? i.e. one plane is 90deg so easy 45 deg each but how to...
17
17