Subject Author Posted Replies

Glue that will work in/on wet concrete or mortar
Dear All, I want to glue down some old tessellated tiles on a concrete or mortar sub strate. It is and will be wet or pretty damp and it is not practical to dry it out. I seem to remember that Sikadur...
2
2

Compression fittings - WTF?
Putting in the new waste for the washing machine, I bought from Screwfix: and some other fittings all by Floplast Went to B&Q for the pipe, polyprop for compression, as I didn't fancy trying to get 3m...
7
7

Door Buffer
The door that divides two halves of the building here is on a mag catch linked to the smoke alarms and has a small spring loaded arm to close it when the smokes trigger and the catch releases. Trouble...
8
8

Replacement battery packs
I need a replacement spare battery for my drill and I found this at Amazon surprisingly cheaply. (£26.) I thought they tend to be a lot more than that - about double?
19
19

Replacing Honeywell T6360 manual thermostat with new digital one
Honeywell seems to have Earth wire, Blue neutral, a RED and a YELLOW. Looking at honeywell diagram it seems Yellow is Live and Red is switched Live. Bought a new controller and it just needs two...
2
2

Fitting carpet mat wells
We have a fairly light carpet at Handyman Towers & have had annoying problems with door mats not staying in place. tried everything known to man (including double sided tape), but the buggers kept...
9
9

Holiday guide book for England
Can anyone recommend a comprehensive and up-to-date holiday guide book to England ? Jim Hawkins
15
15

D-I-Y innersoles
Some recently bought work boots are a bit on the big side. Is it still possible to buy just one or two of those cork floor tiles anywhere? Since I could cut them down to act as inner soles? Also I'm...
6
6

Amazing Amazon
Last week, I ordered something from Amazon with free (3 - 5 working days)delivery at 10am on Wednesday, it turned up at 1pm Thursday. This week, I ordered something on late Thursday afternoon, it...
19
19

Application of Carbide Grit to take wear
Would anyone know of a paste or simiar, that could be applied to some slippery steps in a very 'well-used' public domain. Which would contain something like a carbide grit, to make the steps...
7
7

Dusk to Dawn switch question
I don't suppose anybody's got a copy of the instructions for a Paget Trading 9158 switch? Regards Syke

Pointing stonework help please
there a recommended mix ratio, sand to cement for pointing stonework please? Q.2. There's a bonding solution, that you apply to brick and stone, which helps the mortar stick. Can anyone remember the...
6
6

4 pin male connector
I'm trying to identify a male connector for a GSM device. It looks like a square Molex and has a clip on the top but the plug end is only 5mm square. I wonder if it could be an ATX 4 pin male plug but...
5
5

OT Musings.
Someone sent me this. GREAT TRUTHS 1. In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams 3. Suppose you...
8
8

Scroll saw recommendations?
I quite fancy having a bash at something like: However, I will need a decent scroll saw. Anyone got one they would recommend? http://www.lisaboyer.com/Claytonsite/simplicitypage1.htm