Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Interesting aerial pix
Download and use 67 Picture Wallpapers for Free. 40,000+ High Quality Wallpapers & Backgrounds. ✓ 100% Free to Use ✓ High Quality Images ✓ Customize and personalise your device with...
3
3

Tonights DIY
What's wrong in these pictures? There had been a funny smell for the last few days, very similar to a dead animal (damn cat...) so not that much attention paid. Tonight noticed that the off-peak load...
5
5

Hyper sensitive levels
Hi all, I've read somewhere that engineer's levels have an astonishing degree of sensitivity. Though they look pretty similar to the spirit levels we DIYers are familiar with, they are *far* more...
31
31

Nice bit of BS from Anglian Water.
Anglian Water are flushing out the mains in our area soon and they sent us a circular about it. I think they must be used to getting complaints from people seeing all the water going down the...
2
2

Bloody Miele!
Just had a new Miele washing machine delivered. It was on a wooden pallet that is so tough that it's a major task to break it up so it will go in the bin. :) Umm, FOC, anyone? Collect from N London.
21
21

How best to advertise used material to DIY'ers?
I know adverts for sale are frowned upon in this ng. We've recently dismantled a steel framed building. Some of the components we will keep. The remainder is all good and reuseable. What's a good way...
4
4

OT Solar bridge
BusinessGreen: Rail station secures half its power from solar panels
3
3

OT EU DIY job gone wrong?
13
13

OT Fracking
Chris Huhn in Guardian.

Chris Huhne: Cameron's story about how shale gas will save the British economy is demonstrably and devastatingly false

15
15

Re: Speaker level adjustment
I boxed up an L-pad and installed it a while ago, but it doesn't really seem to have sufficient adjustment. I am now wondering about a completely different approach. I could have totally separate...
21
21

Lidl - Livarno Lux LED Clip Light 3.99 - NOT recommended
Livarno Lux LED Clip Light 3.99 - NOT recommended Saw these offer at Lidl and thought I would give it a go. 1.3W GU10 (direct mains) lamp so weedy power but worth a try for bedtime reading. Brightness...

OT A bit of amusement on the box
Just saw Parkinson do one of his Life Insurance ads:- "If you are over 55... etc etc. Underneath his beaming face was a trailer for some programme called "Going Underground". Does it apply to him I...
3
3

DVI - any clues?
This is sort of a follow up. I'm using a DVI/PS2 KVM switch between my two computers. Works beautifully. Reason for the PS2 is one of the computers is an old Acorn RPC which uses PS2 only. It has a...
4
4

Lets Go Green Deal
The company Lets Go Green Deal has seemingly run off with all the money, according to Radio 4 'You and Yours' today. Their green deal certificate has been revoked. Another (unnamed) company is also...
4
4

More climate stuff
You may recall that I quoted a Matt Ridley article in the Times about climate stuff - "hockey stick" in particular. There has been an exchange of letters in Le Temps about this, and I found this site:...
1
1