Subject Author Posted Replies

Aww- It Valentines Day
I have not seen the gf for two weeks and tonight I will see her again. I cannot wait. Because I have two weeks of washing that needs doing.
14
14

OT Clutha pub helicopter crash: engine failure
That is exactly what the BBC reported this afternoon, on Radio 4.
64
64

How to order repeat prescriptions?
Anyone know how you order repeat prescriptions online? The last bit of paper I got for ordering has no website address on it like the previous one did, it just says order online. Do I do it from the...
61
61

OT: Clutha helicopter crash, interim report (BBC news item)
A police helicopter which crashed into a busy Glasgow pub killing 10 people suffered a double engine failure, air accident investigators say.
1
1

Better low cost ways to protect a house against floodwater
I have my doubts about some TV news pictures of sandbags stacked against front and back doors. Are there better ways to protect houses against floodwater such as the following? * Block the outside of...
20
20

Re: council answer to Access ramp
On Friday 14 February 2014 12:33 Martin Brown wrote in uk.d-i-y: Just what I was thinking - you can get outdoor grade lifts (you see theme here and there in London). Short vertical drop to a single...
6
6

Lifting a piece of glass covering a well
I have a 3" circular glass cover over a well in my kitchen. I need to access the lights to replace a bulb. I have tried lifting the glass with a glass plunger, but it doesnt budge. There is a softwood...
41
41

LED External Wall Lights - -Power?
Has anyone used one ot these? I am looking to illuminate a path and bin area alongside a 5m kitchen wall. Would 2 of these about 2.3m off the ground 3m apart be sufficient? I have no idea how much...
6
6

Loft ladder replacement springs - IMG_0619.JPG (0/1)
Where can I get replacement springs for my loft ladder, a photo of which is attached? Spring measurements are: wire diameter 2.4mm coil diameter 23.9mm length 180mm extended length 450mm number of...
6
6

OT; Advertising
Received an e-mail last night, asking if I wanted to advertise in a local shopping precinct. Whilst my grammar might not be perfect, I consider in reasonable - and I have a spell checker. The e-mail...
27
27

OT: tick boxes
As discussed elsewhere. Today I was faced with three choices: 1. Do your duties as a carer have no effect on your own life? 2. Do your duties as a carer restrict your activities so much that your own...
32
32

Panasonic Batteries
Are they any good - or are we being hoodwinked with a "quality" label?
48
48

Finishing Oak worktops..
Just doing a bit of a kitchen refurb elsewhere with some new cabinets etc, but the existing worktops are formed of some very ancient old Oak floorboards which are around an inch thick and had been...
11
11

and again
&a