Subject Author Posted Replies

Loft ladder replacement springs - IMG_0619.JPG (0/1)
Where can I get replacement springs for my loft ladder, a photo of which is attached? Spring measurements are: wire diameter 2.4mm coil diameter 23.9mm length 180mm extended length 450mm number of...
6
6

OT; Advertising
Received an e-mail last night, asking if I wanted to advertise in a local shopping precinct. Whilst my grammar might not be perfect, I consider in reasonable - and I have a spell checker. The e-mail...
27
27

OT: tick boxes
As discussed elsewhere. Today I was faced with three choices: 1. Do your duties as a carer have no effect on your own life? 2. Do your duties as a carer restrict your activities so much that your own...
32
32

Panasonic Batteries
Are they any good - or are we being hoodwinked with a "quality" label?
48
48

Finishing Oak worktops..
Just doing a bit of a kitchen refurb elsewhere with some new cabinets etc, but the existing worktops are formed of some very ancient old Oak floorboards which are around an inch thick and had been...
11
11

and again
&a
3
3

number2
hello
1
1

oven cleaning
Happened to notice one of those oven cleaning franchise guys working near me today. A half ton van with a couple of big propane cylinders in the back and a tank full of boiling liquid (no smell of...

Nice cells love
Just a quick surprisingly positive review of some NiMH cells. I finally rep laced some ultramax AAAs from poundland, not very high capacity but they mu st have done about 4000+ charge cycles on 1 -...
11
11

Sili wiki
says:- "Silicone sealant is a versatile and flexible waterproof sealant with a multitude of applications (see the Putty & Mastic article for other types of sealer). It is particularly good in...
29
29

MCB tripping question
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
8
8

OT: Good medical advice forum?
I've tried diagnosing my friend myself but failing miserably. ;-) She got an odd collection of symptoms (mostly cardiac) but they have her cardiologist stumped. Are there any good forums that anyone...
8
8

Well, that was stupid and lucky.
Refitting floorboards properly, prior to laying the bathroom floor. Marked on the board where the cables underneath where (old installation, a bunch (about 8) of cables running together through a...
2
2

OT:Mobile phone issue ?
Due to start a conference call in a moment. Rather than having to clamp my mobile to my ear for an hour, I vaguely thought I could connect it via bluetooth to my laptop, and use the USB headset I...
8
8

Smiths Copyswitch and GU10 LEDs
9