Subject Author Posted Replies

Cold radiators...
System as is follows: - 17 radiators of various sizes - approx half upstairs, half downstairs. - 1 year old boiler - Worcester Bosch Greenstar 34CDi Classic (a combi) Problem is that 2 radiators...
13
13

smoke alarms past best?
Relly has 2 mains interlinked dicon photoelec smoke alarms that keep going off more than once abt 9.30/10pm every day?! Suspect tis time to renew? Is this a recognised indication/symptom tho? Or a...
11
11

Mystery Combi Boiler leak
I have a combi boiler feeding two small holiday cottages. Total of two large radiators, two small radiators, two showers and kitchen sinks. There had been a history of loss of pressure, so when the...
28
28

Buy tyre online
New Delhi-based "" India's 1st Mobile Tyre Fitting service is an all inclusive price you shell out which means that you neither have t o pay any hidden costs nor waste time or money in an established...

Tpa blocking up?
One of those modern mono block mixer taps with the single lever which you lift for flow and move side to side for hot or cold. In a bath - fitted about 3 years ago. Low pressure system with header...
7
7

OT Plug in hybrid car
Latest VW A test drive in the extraordinary , 'the most fuel efficient production car in the world' according to VW. Weighing just 795 kg and with it's super aerodynamic design the car's official fuel...
3
3

bayonet lampholders
I've had several of these break when the lamp is inserted. Especially the ones moulded from bakelite. They are then useless and have to be replaced. It's only the UK that uses them, and I can see them...
35
35

Best kind of paint for plywood that will be walked on
Evening all, I've repaired the top of a step inside my house with a section of plywood. The step is the threshold from what used to be the garage into the hallway. It is wooden and got so tatty that I...
5
5

Intruder alarm suggestions
Many years ago..... (about 8 or 9) when we re-wired the house I put in lots of intruder alarm wires in anticipation of finishing all the other jobs before I die.... I've cabled to each bedroom for PIR...

Vinyl subfloor prep
Laying vinyl over laminate - most of it is pretty good, but there's a secti on where some metal (not removable) protrude by about 2mm. I'm going to cover the laminate with 3mm hardboard, pinned down -...
5
5

TV Aerial Question (Calling Bill Wright)
Nearly every day my Panasonic TV starts up with a message that there are "new channels" available. I allow it to scan if I have time but usually to no avail - usually I cancel the message. Do you know...
9
9

Changing an MCB
Victorian house converted into flats 20 years ago, communal areas have chandeliers each having 11 x 25w incandescent candle lamps, controlled by electronic time lag switches. First floor has 2 x...
7
7

Not very admirable insurance. OT
I'm with Northern Rock since sometime last summer IIRC, I got in touch with the company that found my original insurance (IIRC Compare the and they showed a change of company would be ideal. As always...
1
1

Earth to light fittings
Is it now a requirement that wiring to light fittings includes an earth? I have seen lots of lighting circuit cable that is just live and neutral. If it is now a requirement any idea when it became...
6
6

Testing CH protector strength - Fernox
I'd like to be able test if more protector is required but the 60 second test strips come in 50s at £20+ and it appears you also need a test tube with 10ml markings ??? Not sure that bit's right. Can...
4
4